Where The 2016 Presidential Candidates Stand on Women’s Issues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Election season is progressing and it seems every hour a new poll comes out attempting to name the projected winner. As college students, every presidential candidate is vying to gain our support. Unfortunately, voter turnout among young people tends to be very low- only 45% of 18-29 year olds voted in the 2012 elections, down 6% since the 2008 elections. Since we are the generation that is affected the most by decisions made by today’s leaders, it is in our best interest to elect politicians into power that will work to improve our livelihoods. Young women, especially, should be educated on the candidates’ positions on the issues that directly affect us uniquely. Here are the 2016 presidential candidates’ stances on a variety of women’s issues:

The Democrats:

The Republicans:

Photo credit: Image 1

Ashley Garrett is a second year student and journalism major at UCF. Besides serving as treasurer of her awesome sorority, Sigma Phi Lambda, she enjoys writing, singing along to Sia, and reading anything from Sarah Dessen to Toni Morrison. She's passionate about Bath and Body Works scents, historical dramas, and equality for all. Her ultimate goal is to travel the world and and her spirit animal is Kelly Kapoor from The Office. You can follow her on Instagram @smashley_97!
UCF Contributor