What Will Taylor Swift’s Next (Taylor’s Version) Be?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

So far, Taylor Swift has released two re-recordings of her old albums labeled “(Taylor’s Version)”: Red (Taylor’s Version) and Fearless (Taylor’s Version); but which album do fans speculate is next?

Taylor is known for dropping hints and easter eggs for new albums and upcoming events. These secret messages can be found anywhere from her outfits, song lyrics, music videos, and even her posts on social media. She loves to get creative with new ways to drop hints to her fans, but this has caused people to look deeply into every move she makes to uncover any hidden clue. The latest of those possible clues is the ensemble that Swift wore to the 2023 Grammy Awards, on February 5. She arrived in a deep blue two-piece dress by the designer Fausto Puglisi, styled with big statement diamond earrings with purple stones. Swift associates each of her albums with a color and the Speak Now album is purple, so it is believed she wanted the earrings to really make a statement and stand out in her outfit to show the purple feature.

Swift also might have dropped a hint before this in the outfit she wore to the AMAs back in November 2022. Her hair was styled the same as it was on her Speak Now album cover: volumized long blonde bouncy waves. She also paired the gold jumpsuit she was wearing with sword earrings, which was a possible tribute to one of her more popular songs on the album named “Mean”, with the intro lyric “you, with your words like knives and swords and weapons that you use against me.”

Another hint that alludes to Speak Now is in one of her recent music videos for her song “Bejeweled”. The “Bejeweled” music video was released on Oct. 25, 2022, which happens to be the anniversary of the release of the original Speak Now album which dropped in 2010. In this music video, there’s a scene where Swift is in an elevator, she goes to push the floor buttons where each is colored differently to represent each of her albums, and she pushes number three: purple. Speak Now was Swift’s third album after Taylor Swift and Fearless.

Near the end of the music video, Swift has a high updo hairstyle with two barrettes with the letters S and N, could they represent Speak Now? Since we’re now in the month of February and she has yet to release her next Taylor’s Version album, it is believed she might drop it on March 3, again aligning with the fact that Speak Now was her third album. This date was also brought up as a possible release date because, in the music video, Swift held a pocket watch that said “exile ends” and flashed the numbers two, and three, possibly representing 03/02 being the end of waiting for the next album. Taylor Swift also happens to be the age of 33 years old, and on her birthday, Dec.13 2022, she posted a picture to her Instagram of her in the studio holding up the number three with both hands. Could all of these threes be a coincidence? Because her Eras tour is set to start on March 18, it’s also believed Swift would drop it before the tour starts.

Lauren Sheehan is a Junior studying Forensic Science at the University of Central Florida and this is her first year writing with Her Campus. She was born and raised in Miami, Florida so she evidently loves the beach and sunny days! She also loves going to the gym, hanging out with friends, and listening to music.