The Weirdest Entrances From the ‘Bachelor’ Franchise

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

On The Bachelor, premiere night is your first chance to make a lasting impression on the possible love of your life. It’s a make or break moment that can either get you eliminated from the show or lead you to happily ever after. A lot of people take this to mean that they have to put on the biggest show just as they exit the limousine. There are a few people who really put in the effort and became memorable parts of the show forever. Here are five of the weirdest entrances in Bachelor history. 

The Australian Accent 

One of the most iconic entrances that took the Twitter world by storm came from Bri Barnes, a contestant on The Bachelor season 23. She put on such a good accent that managed to both fool Colton Underwood and impress Bachelor Nation — even Australians thought she had done a good job! 

The Dophin-Shark

Not only did she manage to trend on Twitter on premiere night, but Alexis Waters also managed to start an entire debate surrounding her entrance. It’s not uncommon for contestants to come out dressed in costumes, and Alexis was no exception. However, what stood her apart was when she walked up to bachelor Nick Viall and called herself a dolphin. For the record, she was in fact a shark, and no, I will not change my mind (look at the teeth)! Regardless of her lack of marine life knowledge, Alexis will always have a special place in my heart. 

The Cupcake 

Chris Strandburg gave everyone a sweet tooth on season 11 of The Bachelorette. I actually don’t remember this man, but he’s always all over The Bachelor subreddit. He showed up to Kaitlyn Bristowe’s season in a giant cupcake suit, earning the nickname “Cupcake Chris” for the rest of the season. 

The Emotional Support Cow 

On Pilot Pete’s season of The Bachelor, almost every entrance tried to tie in something plane related in order to stand out. There were at least three flight attendants on premiere night, but the girl who stood out was the iconic Jenna Serrano — she brought an emotional support cow! The cow was fittingly named Ashley P., and she won over hearts all across the internet. I hope Ashley P. is living her best life. 

The Masked Man 

Jeff Medolla came into season seven of The Bachelorette giving me serious Hillary Duff in A Cinderella Story vibes — except way creepier. His intentions were for the bachelorette, Ashley Hebert, to get to know what he was like on the inside, rather than just focusing on the outside. That completely backfired because no one could focus on anything besides the mask, and eventually he was eliminated in week three. 

Bachelor Nation has definitely seen its share of crazy when it comes to over the top entrances. With more seasons in the future, I’m sure I’ll be adding to this list when our next group of hopefuls break out their silliest costumes. Until then, I’m just waiting for my rose. 

Chelsea is a Junior at the University of Central Florida majoring in Industrial/Organizational Psychology and minoring in Mass Media. Her hobbies include reading romance and fantasy books, binge-watching Netflix, writing for Her Campus and going to concerts. She dreams of living somewhere in Europe some day with all the books she could read and a few cats.
UCF Contributor