Style > Decor

Valentine’s Day Decor You Can Use All Year Round

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

As a college student, there isn’t exactly an extensive budget for room decor, so when it comes to holiday decor the more versatile the better. When it comes to celebrating the season of love, atmosphere is everything, so show your room some love with these room decor tips for Valentine’s Day that you can keep up all year long. 

Flower Power

Flowers? For Valentine’s Day? Groundbreaking. Whether you go real, or faux; flowers can be a great way to liven up your space by adding fun colors and texture. You can go the traditional route by adding a vase to your desk, or you can play with an accent wall by adding floral garland from floor to ceiling. This can be a great way to fill up un-used wall space. 

Leather and Lace 

Everyone knows that the essentials to Valentine’s Day decor; it’s all about soft feminine prints and textures. Use this season to step up your texture game by adding in floral printed sheets, lace-trimmed pillows, even crushed velvet throws. To make these pieces work all year-round pick more neutral colors such as white, champagne or even a light pink accent to give that Valentine’s Day aesthetic. 

Light It Up!

Now, when it comes to college room decor, everyone uses some sort of string lights. While neon signs have been a trend for the last few years, they take string lights to a whole new level. Adding neon heart signs, or even girl power quotes (for those of us single during this season) can be an edgy way of playing with light and color that can be reused during every season. Also, if you’re DIY savvy and want to make your own mural, you can buy flexible neon wire from pretty much anywhere online!

Festive Garland

Garland can be a fun way to cover up vast wall space with little to no effort. The best part is this DIY craft can be customizable to your room’s needs. If you’re feeling festive you can add felt heart cutouts to your string or if you want a more versatile garland you can go with the classic pom-poms. Either way, this is an affordable and easy way to spice up your room this season. 

Sweet Scent of Love 

Candles are my favorite way to finish off a room. They’re not only decor, but also play a crucial part in setting an atmosphere. Whether you have a significant other or practicing self-love this season candles are a great way to warm up your space at night, while filling the air with sweet scents. 

There’s so much to celebrate during the Valentine’s Day season, so putting a little love into your space is a great way to show self-love and appreciation. So, if you’re looking to add a little Valentine’s Day spirit to your bedroom, these tips are here for you. Plus, a little bit of pink never hurt anyone. 

Erika is currently a Senior at the University of Central Florida studying Business. When she's not in class or studying, she can be found painting, listening to obscure Spotify playlists, or binging the latest Netflix phenomena.
UCF Contributor