The Ultimate Guide to a Solo Day at Disney World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

It goes without saying that visiting Walt Disney World is an exciting experience for guests of any age. Taking on the iconic vacation spot as a party of one might seem daunting, but I’m here to tell you that it can be done! With the freedom to do whatever your heart desires, you can experience the Disney parks in a whole new way.

Have a plan

As is the case with any Disney trip, it always helps to have a plan. This doesn’t necessarily mean scheduling your day minute-by-minute, but rather just having an idea of what all you want to do. Plus, if you get your Magic Kingdom must-dos checked off by noon, you can hop over to another park for the evening! The Disney parks can be a little overwhelming with the sheer number of things to do, so it’s definitely helpful to have a list.

Single Rider lines

While this option is only offered at a few attractions, it’s incredibly helpful! Test Track, Expedition Everest, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, and Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run all offer a separate queue for those flying solo. More often than not, going Single Rider is as quick as the Fastpass line. Trust me, there have been days I’ve gotten on all my favorite rides multiple times thanks to Single Rider.

Talk to people

Something that may seem intimidating is the lack of family or friends to talk to (and to have as your personal photographer), but I promise, there’s nothing to worry about! From fellow guests to Cast Members, there’s never a shortage of people willing to strike up a conversation. Cast Members are usually happy to offer dining recommendations, share some fun history facts about the Disney parks, or snap a photo for you!

Try something new

A day in the parks by yourself is the perfect opportunity to try something new because, well, there’s no one to disagree with you. Whether you’re grabbing a new snack or stopping by to see the Cinderella Castle stage show, it can be fun to change up your routine.

Don’t stress too much

The beauty of going to the parks by yourself is that you can do whatever you want. If you want to ride the Millennium Falcon fifteen times, go for it! If you’d prefer to spend the day chatting with characters, that’s awesome too! Visiting Disney World by yourself doesn’t have to be a stress-inducing experience, by any means.

I hope these tips help you on your next Disney World adventure! If you need me, I’ll be on Test Track for the rest of the day.

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Ashley is a social media guru, writer, and film lover. Originally from Chicago, she is now studying Entertainment Management at the University of Central Florida. When she’s not online, Ashley enjoys baking and matcha lattes.
UCF Contributor