UCF Rock Climbing Club

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Clinging to the side and looking up with hope. Fingers shaking, sweat dripping, and every muscle stiff. One hand above the other and feet moving higher and higher. Then finally, success! You reach the top and everyone cheers. This is just a typical day for a member of the UCF Rock Climbing Club.

Students go off to college and some find the perfect group of people, while others wonder where they belong. If you feel out of place in an area so large, no worries…There is someone or something for you! With more than 58,000 students and the reputation of the 2nd largest university in the nation, clearly, The University of Central Florida has a wide variety of people to meet. You just have to dig down deep, find a little motivation, and join one of the countless clubs on campus. Frequently, students do not join the clubs, because they do not know about them. Well now, there is no excuse.

In search to find a club to join, you will soon learn the wide variety of opportunities. Do you enjoy pushing yourself to the limit? How about getting in great shape at the same time? Do you want to reach the top and have everyone cheer? Maybe the 3-year consecutive National Championship UCF Rock Climbing Club is the perfect niche for you. Now that is an impressive club. The UCF Rock Climbing Club has a great track record winning the Collegiate Climbing Series every year it has held a competition. This is an organization you can certainly be proud to be a part of.

UCF Rock Climbing Club is the place to meet new friends, win titles, and travel. YES! Travel. Not only will you climb in the UCF Recreational and Wellness Center and gyms around Florida, but you can travel to Red River Gorge in Kentucky, where members can experience true outdoor rock climbing. And the true dedicated rock climbers take more than one trip a year, so you can always join them and climb until you can’t climb anymore.

This club is a hidden gem at UCF that has earned quite a name for itself. If you are an interested student, you can learn more at www.therockclimbingclub.ucf.edu.
Any other questions? Email ucfrockclimbingclub@gmail.com

Okay, if getting dirt under your nails is a little out of the norm, do not fret. There is a perfect club for you…Lady Knights, originally know as The Princess Club. This is not a joke; it is a real, brand-new club at UCF. If you feel you possess the qualities of a princess or want to learn more about being passionate, regal, incredible, noble, cultured, enchanting and a successful student, this is the club for you!

This new introduction to the long list of UCF clubs started as an idea. One day, the founder put on a tiara and her mother exclaimed that she should start her own princess club. Ultimately, she convinced her friends and that is how the club was born. These ladies are not just “princesses.” They attend plays, visit museums, and host tea parties. But they have an adventurous side too, with superheroine themed meetings and laser tag outings. Simply, they are young ladies bonding and learning together through activities.

While the UCF Rock Climbing club is open for all genders, it would be safe to say, Lady Knights is women oriented, but open for new members. Email princess_club@live.com and ask about the next event.

There is a club on campus for everyone. It takes a little bit of motivation, but it is worth it once you find that special bond of people with the same interests as you. Don’t become discouraged if you don’t like the first club you find. Visit the Office of Student Involvement in the Student Union to learn about all the opportunities. Or if you are too afraid to get out of your shell of comfort, you can look up the database of every club online through the OSI at UCF website. There are countless clubs, but if you happen to not like the ones already offered, you can just start your own! Now there is absolutely no excuse for you not to find a hidden gem at UCF.