This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Throughout the decades, women have made their voices heard, even if it wasn’t always easy. Nothing is more powerful than a woman who speaks up for what she believes in, despite whatever the world may throw her way. What it means to be a great woman can be defined infinitely. Maybe it is someone who has both grit and grace, values what it means to be her true authentic self, and knows the power of a little black dress. We all have the spark within us to become the next generation of timeless women with our names forever mapped out in change, growth and empowerment. So, take these quotes, run with them, and make your day the start of something these ladies would be proud of. These quotes are truly a celebration of what it means to be a powerful woman, spoken by some of the most revolutionary ladies of their time.

Coco Chanel (1920s) 

“A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.” 

“Dress like you are going to meet your worst enemy today.” 

Marilyn Monroe (1950s) 

“Nothing lasts forever. So live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the drama, take chances and never have regrets because at one point everything you did was exactly what you wanted.” 

“A girl doesn’t need anyone who doesn’t need her.” 

Audrey Hepburn (1960s) 

“I believe in pink. I believe that laughter is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” 

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others. For beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” 

Michelle Obama (2010s) 

“I think in order to be successful women have to figure out what they’re passionate about first. No matter what you aspire to, you’ve got to love what you do in order to be successful at it.” 

“Thre is no magic to achievement. It’s really about hard work, choices, and persistence.” 

So ladies, let’s go out and change this world. Become the trendsetters, the fire starters and the change-makers of our decade. We have the power to do and become anything, so let’s get moving ⁠— there is a lot to be done. 

Hello ladies! My name is Aubree Williams from the HerUCF team in Orlando Florida but I am originally from PA! I am a freshman Acting major here at UCF and cannot wait to get started working with HerCampus! In my free time you can catch me fixing up my instagram feed, shopping at TJ Maxx or being involved in the arts in some way.
UCF Contributor