This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Lucky girl syndrome dupe! Being delusional is in and being a realist is out. I’m officially team delulu and you should be too. Here is why living a life of delusion is my new favorite thing ever, and why you should hop on the delulu train with me. (Warning: be delusional at your own risk, if you break your own heart, do not blame me.)

you’re more you when you’re delusional

Don’t be fooled, being delusional is just yassified confidence.

I promise if you walk around assuming that literally everyone wants you, you get everything you want and good things are always happening to you, you will begin to meet a more confident version of yourself.

Shifting into a headspace of delusion is basically waving goodbye to your insecurities and every symptom that comes with it. When you’re crushing, I bet (and yes, this is me projecting) that you tend to act different around that special someone. It’s normal to clam up, blank on things to say, and be a bit less funny than your normal self, out of pure nervousness and an attempt to impress.

Being delusional is the cure, I swear by it! When you’re interacting with your crush and keep the delusion going that they obviously like you and are SO obsessed with you, the real you will start to shine. Be delusional and assure yourself that you are their dream girl, and watch how much easier it becomes to shake the nerves and have the confidence to show the genuine parts of yourself that aligns with what obviously makes you their dream girl.

it’s really just the law of assumption

If you have a preconceived notion that being delusional makes you crazy and out of touch, think again. Being delusional is really just practicing the Law of Assumption. Neville Goddard formed this philosophy explaining that to create what you desire, you must assume the feeling of your wish already being fulfilled.

“Your assumption, to be effective, cannot be a single isolated act, it must be a maintained attitude of the wish fulfilled.”

Neville Goddard

So when you decide to think delusionally and step into the headspace that you already have the things you desire, you are reflecting an open energy that allows you to receive your manifestations. If you’re wanting to attract money, success, a new job, love, friendship, whatever it is, act like you already have it and watch it come to you. I don’t chase, I attract! Your subconscious is so powerful when you give it the power to be. Even Lil Nas X thanks his success to being delusional.

a delusional life is a happy life

Once you’re delusional enough to believe they’re obsessed with you, you’re getting that new job, and good things are coming, you will live an exponentially happier life.

Believing that these desires are already yours will spare you from laying in bed overthinking. I’ve spent so much time in the past wasting away valuable time trying to wonder if I’m good enough for something or someone, and looking for signs to assure me of just that.

Living a life of delusion will free you from those thoughts of uncertainty and doubt.

Free yourself from worry! I implore you, to believe that the things that are meant for you are already yours. Stop chasing, stop wondering, and live a life where you feel abundant and grateful for the good things that are obviously already yours.

It’s time to be delusional, it’s good for the heart.

Abbi Donaldson is the President and Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UCF who covers all things wellness and pop culture. She is a senior at the University of Central Florida with a major in Advertising & Public Relations with a minor in Mass Culture and Collective Behavior. Abbi loves all things campaign marketing and brand strategy related. You can typically find Abbi at the gym, a music festival or binging a YA romance novel.