“Stylebook:” The Guide to an App For the Fashion Friendly

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

“There’s an app for that” is a common phrase for a reason. There is literally an app for everything nowadays and, personally, the ones centered on fashion are some of the most glorious inventions around. They have created an app for the fashion sites we all love such as an app for Lookbook.nu and Style.com where you can browse street style looks uploaded around the clock and the runway shows for each season, respectively. There are apps for purchasing clothes from your favorite sites, apps for your favorite magazine, and apps, like Instagram, that make it easy for one to immediately share your “ootd” (out fit of the day) or “wiwt” (what I wore today) immediately with your followers.

One app that I recently stumbled upon that is, in my opinion, a fashion lover’s dream, is called “Stylebook.” The capabilities on this app are endless, and it focuses on your closet and what you can do with it. The only downside to this app is the price. “Stylebook” costs $3.99, which most of us may find unreasonable when there are countless free and 99 cent apps available to us. As a user of this app, I can hereby vouch that those four dollars are so worth it. But if you don’t trust me, read on to see what makes “Stylebook” so wonderful.

1. You have your entire closet on the go. The first thing you have to do is take photos of your entire closet. I mean everything from accessories to shoes to coats…that is if you really want to use this app to its fullest potential. It’s certainly time consuming, but it’s a great opportunity for cleaning out and organizing your closet. Turn the music up and scour every inch of your closet and take a photo of each item.
  2. It divides your closet into categories. “Stylebook” provides options for organizing your closet into tops, shoes, bottoms, dresses and more. It then further divides them into subcategories such as sleeveless, boots and sundresses. You can even edit it to delete and add categories. It then whites out the background to make them more accessible for the other features.
  3. You can put your items into looks. It allows you to put your items into complete outfits in a Polyvore.com type of way, where you stick them onto a white background and put them into categories such as work, day, and evening for future use. You’ll always be able to remember that outfit you came up with during work to use for the party next week.
  4. You can put these outfits onto specific dates. It has a calendar for you to stick items of clothing or a complete look onto any day you’d like. You can plan ahead for Halloween or for going out this month. Let’s say you come up with an outfit for Library on Thursday, on Sunday; you can just put the look together and then paste it onto Thursday.
  5. You can pack for a trip. I’m going to New York in November, so I have found this feature especially helpful. You can pick exactly what you want to pack and store it under a New York packing list. You can even place looks in this list too, which makes trips so much less stressful, since you don’t have to plan every day you’re there.
  6. There’s a place for inspiration. If you find anything while browsing on your phone or on those fashion-forward apps I was talking about, you can post it here for future reference. It can help you piece together your own perfect outfits or help you with a shopping list for the future.
  7. Finally, if all this wasn’t enough, you can shop directly from this app. You can buy anything from Charm & Chain or Net-A-Porter directly from this app. But before you shop on this app, definitely take a trip to the App Store and buy “Stylebook!”