Spencer Card ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

The Witty Romantic 

Name:
Spencer Card

Age: 20

Relationship status: Single

Major: Film

Year: Sophomore

Organization: Theta Chi Fraternity

What’s your favorite artist or band? I have a huge range of taste in music. Some of my favorite artists are Arctic Monkeys, Sum 41, Animal Collective and Immortal Technique.

What’s your favorite movie? As a film major, it’s pretty much impossible to pick one movie as my all-time favorite. I’d have to say my current top five choices are The Prestige, Apocalypse Now, Hook, V for Vendetta, and Fantastic Mr. Fox.

What would your perfect date include? A perfect date to me would be a night where everything we planned went wrong and we ended up just going on an adventure and have aspontaneous, once-in–a-lifetime experience.

Describe the perfect girl. The perfect girl in my eyes starts with wisdom. She might not know what she really wants in life, but she loves herself well enough to pursue happiness regardless. She’s not a fan of drama, and she’s got to be a strong critical thinker. I’m addicted to sarcasm, so the perfect girl would need an open-minded sense of humor. I want a girl that can tell how I’m feeling without even saying a word and can have fun when there’s nothing to do.

What’s the most romantic thing you’ve ever done? I wrote a poem for a girl that I had a long history with. She lives in California and I’m here in Orlando, so I wrote about how she’s almost like a dream to me, and that I want her to know love still exists miles and miles away. I read it to her on the phone for her birthday and she said it was the nicest thing anyone had ever done for her.

What’s the best pick-up line? The best pick-up line is to be casual and act like your life won’t change a bit if you don’t get into a relationship with whoever you are trying to mingle with. I feel like if you are too straight forward it doesn’t give the girl any room for challenge or control. Depends on the situation, but most girls seem to enjoy building up a hook up as much as guys like to just hook up. There’s got to be some kind of balance, right?

Who’s your celebrity crush? Oh, celebrity crushes… I’ve had a crush on Emma Watson since the opening night of the first Harry Potter movie. I feel like I melt down equally as much though for Keira Knightley and Seychelle Gabriel.

Where’s the best place to meet girls? I’d say the best places to meet girls are on campus, in classes, and at house parties.