SNL Characters That Should Actually be Guest Hosts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

We’ve all had those moments where we fell in love with a particular character from Saturday Night Live. It could’ve been their funky quirks that made them so loveable, or perhaps it was the sheer randomness and funny content of the things that they said. Either way, they made an impact in our lives and we haven’t forgotten about them since. What would happen if these characters could come back and actually be the guest host for SNL?

Debbie Downer

Well Debbie Downer was such a downer for everyone during the Disneyland sketch. Whether it was talking about death, disease or another depressing topic, Debbie sure could drive a crowd away. Imagine if she hosted an episode of SNL? We would laugh and cry, and possibly feel bad about it later. But hey, it’s comedy.

Stefon

We all love Stefon and his amazing take on nightlife in the city. If he hosted SNL for a night, we wouldn’t be able to stop laughing for one second. We would hear countless suggestions of crazy clubs and holiday parties. Not to mention, we wouldn’t be able to resist the sketches actually showing one of the clubs. One sketch could even show what happens when he takes people to one of the clubs. I can only imagine the facial expressions.

Target Lady

Target. We would see endless sketches about Target. We all love Target and our favorite Target lady. You can’t go wrong when you put the two together.  Plus, you can’t beat her enthusiasm over new products. Arm floaties anyone? What would happen if the Target lady couldn’t go into work because she was sick one day? Or even worse, what if she had to go buy something from Walmart?!

Any character Justin Timberlake plays

Justin Timberlake is easily one of the best guest hosts that SNL has ever had. Any character Justin Timberlake has played would make a great guest host. Any of his characters that Bought It On Down somewhere would be a great character to host. We’d have nonstop rap parodies for the episode. Or what about his character Classic Peg from one of the Target Lady sketches? Classic Peg is one hot mess and we could only imagine the shenanigans she might get into on stage. Justin Timberlake brought sexy back, so when will we finally get him to do Bring It On Down To Sexyville?

Shy Ronnie

Poor Shy Ronnie couldn’t even speak above a mumble when Rihanna was around, so why should he host SNL? I’ll tell you why: because he would own that stage. He could have more Shy Ronnie sketches and be the adorably awkward rapper we came to know and love.

Prince Charming and the rest of the Real Housewives of Disney characters

So much sass. SO MUCH SHADE. What more could you ask for? It would be perfect to have Prince Charming and the rest of the Real Housewives of Disney characters host an episode of SNL. We would finally have more Real Housewives of Disney sketches! How awesome would that be? Feisty characters and some serious shade thrown in every direction = a great episode. Prince Charming could even do a sketch about fashion and music, because let’s be honest, he’s an expert.

Last but not least, The Dancers

The picture is self-explanatory.

UCF Contributor