This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Valentine’s Day: the perfect opportunity to look at all the couples surrounding you. Friends are getting chocolates, stuffed animals and teddy bears from their significant others. You may want to feel down on yourself because of your single status, but don’t. Just because you’re single doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate Valentine’s Day! 

Treat Yourself

Who said anything about needing a partner to eat candy? Go to the store, buy yourself chocolate, and make Valentine’s Day about you! Be like Selena Gomez’s character in Wizards of Waverly Place and order yourself flowers. Anyone can buy Valentine’s Day-themed items, not just couples. Plus, it’s always a nice treat to open up a package or present. 

Focus on Yourself

Valentine’s Day is the perfect day to focus on growing a relationship with yourself. It’s the best time to practice self-love and gain a bit of confidence. So, on this Valentine’s Day, make sure to say your affirmations. One of my favorite things to do is stand in front of a mirror and repeat, “I am confident. I am beautiful. I love myself.”

Clean, Clean, Clean

Need to distract yourself from being single? Clean your room! It’s a win-win because you’ll feel better and have a clean space to be in.

Take a Social Media Break

I recommend staying off of Instagram for the day. Seeing everyone’s #couplegoals posts isn’t exactly the best thing for single people to look at. Instead, opt for a book or spend some time outdoors.

Pamper Yourself

Crack open the sparkling grape juice and grab a facemask! A nice bath or shower and some essential oils is a surefire way to relax — and don’t forget to grab a fluffy robe for the ultimate V-Day pampering experience!

Dress up

Get dolled up for you! Whether that means a fancy dress or sweatpants and a t-shirt, V-Day is the perfect opportunity to have a fun night in. Sometimes all it takes is a pretty outfit to make yourself feel amazing.

Show Others Love

Just because you don’t have a date doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate with your friends! Who wouldn’t want a valentine from their bestie? It’s always a great gesture because you never know who could use some cheering up this Valentine’s Day!

Watch Netflix

There are tons of amazing movies to watch, so get looking! It’s the perfect time to watch a movie you’ve wanted to watch, but had no time to. I recommend The Princess Diaries, along with the sequel. (Did someone say Chris Pine?)

Volunteer

There are plenty of people out there that need your help. So go out and lend a hand to people in need. Look for shelters, soup kitchens or food pantries to spread kindness.

Hangout With Friends

Gather a group of singles and hang out! There’s a great chance that others in your friend group are single too. What better way to spend Valentine’s Day than with people you care about?

Don’t worry if you aren’t in a relationship — it’s perfectly okay to be single on Valentine’s Day! Take some time for yourself and remember that you’re not the only single-pringle out there.

Jasmine Gregg is a senior at the University of Central Florida majoring in Marketing. Originally from New Jersey, she is enjoying the sun in Orlando! You may find her reading a good book(She's always looking for recommendations!), writing, or watching movies.
UCF Contributor