Sex Your Way to Skinny

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

We all want to drop those few extra pounds before summer, but going to the gym everyday can be such a hassle – especially with finals right around the corner. Thankfully, I am here to tell you about an alternative way to get those last minute abs, thighs, and arm workouts into your schedule: sexercise, my friends!

Yes, sex in itself is usually categorized as a “workout,” but did you know that you can actually tone your muscles and burn an amount of calories equivalent to working out at the gym? Certain positions can work your inner thighs, butt, abs, and even arms! Not to mention the overall effect on your body from the “cardio” aspect of sex!

Unless you just lie there and let him do all the work, you should be raising your heart rate from exerting energy and doing some moving around. This actually does act like a cardio workout! Okay, maybe not as intense as your workout would be on the elliptical, but a workout nonetheless.

Positions such as being on top can definitely give your inner thighs a good workout, and if you bend back slightly you can even simultaneously target those abs! Also, make sure to tell your man that if he lifts his head to look up at you while you’re on top, it will give his abs a workout as well!

If you want to work your lower half some more, raise your butt off of the bed while in the missionary position. This will work your glutes and can work your abs as well. Another fun position to try is commonly known as “doggy-style.”  If you prop yourself up on your elbows or by your hands, you can guarantee to feel it in your arms the next day!

Just remember, the longer you and your boy-toy have sex and the more you move around, the more calories you will both burn! This is a great alternative to going to the gym and can be great for switching up your usual exercise routine. With the right amount of effort, you can be sure to tone up before summer fully arrives! And even better, sexercise with your partner works for both of your schedules by combining sex time with gym time. It can also help your relationship by allowing you to be more intimate with each other and spice things up!

Happy exercising!