Reaction to Captain America: Civil War Trailers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

I don’t even know where to start. There’s so many character and plot developments from previous films to think about and discuss. I feel like I should not be forced to choose between Team Cap and Team Iron Man. I feel personally victimized and emotionally distraught. I feel what DC comic fans are feeling about Batman v. Superman. Also, my head is spinning because we all know this isn’t the last movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. That knowledge alone makes everything more complicated.

I’m still confused on how the hell he even found Bucky again… I was so convinced that Bucky didn’t want to be found. It also needs to be addressed how Bucky also suddenly remembers everything. And why does this all seem to fall on Steve’s shoulders? He is not the only Avenger (even if he was the first). Should this not be considered an Avenger problem to be addressed in another way? I know you guys at Marvel have the next few phases of the Marvel Cinematic Universe already set up, but, come on…

Why does Tony come back? I was under the impression that Iron Man and Hawkeye were sort of done with the Avengers. I’m actually still pretty upset with Iron Man for basically causing the last Avenger’s problem, so I need an answer. Why is he siding with the government to restrict the Avengers’ work? Is he dealing with guilt, since he basically caused the last disaster that the Avengers had to clean up? Or is he forgetting how defensive he was when the government wanted to understand and capitalize on his suits back in Iron Man 2? Since when is Iron Man so friendly with Captain America? I’m not saying this is bad in anyway, I actually like it; I just don’t remember Tony Stark being particularly chummy with anyone else from the team.

What side is Black Widow on? I really can’t tell based on the trailers alone, and I don’t want to wait another month and a half to find out, Marvel.

Where the hell is Nick Fury!? He’s been in, like, every Marvel Universe movie so far… I know he faked his death, but he always makes a comeback out of nowhere. He can’t expect the Avengers to fight off Hydra if there is not a coherent Avengers team to fight. Also, why is Spiderman here? Do we really even need a third Spidey? I mean, Nick Fury hasn’t even appeared in a mid or post-credits scene to track down Spiderman and talk to him about any of this.

If we can bring Spiderman into a Civil War, I think it’s only fair that the X-Men should make an appearance soon. And considering their history, they should side with Captain America. And when are we going to add the Guardians of the Galaxy, since you know, they’re actually a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, too. And we need to address if Thor coming back. What about the Hulk? They are Avengers too. It’s going to be really weird if they come back and have no idea where the rest of the team is…

Photo credit: 1, 2, 34, 5

Darin Kela is a junior at the University of Central Florida. She is majoring Advertising & Public Relations and has a minor in Dance. She is a huge fan of Zendaya, and is obsessed with natural hair. She enjoys listening to R&B music and silently choreographing to every song that plays through her earphones. When she's not in class or hanging out with RUKUS Entertainment on campus, you can catch her re-watching A Different World on Netflix or her favorite beauty tutorials on Youtube. Follow Darin's journey on Instagram & Twitter.
UCF Contributor