PSW Event Leaves Students Feeling Fierce and Stylish

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

In honor of College Fashion Week Orlando, hosted by the Her Campus UCF team, girls flocked far and wide to view the talented stylist Melanie Price, her team of fashion gurus and their array of covetable goodies during the People StyleWatch event.

Pre-fashion show, People Magazine set up a tent outside of Milican Hall housing stunning outfits, purses, accessories and even bras. Everything from Marc Jacobs purses, Vince Camuto booties, and affordable name brand jeans were on display.

The beautiful and talented lead style consultant, Melanie Price was born and raised here in Orlando, even though she looks very much New York.  Donning bright orange lipstick and a floppy hat, Melanie individually consulted girls on how to improve their personal style, via the fabulous yet affordable closet set up inside of the poshly decorated tent.  Giving advice on everything from jeans to shoes to lipstick, no one left her side without being more fashionably capable than when they walked in.

A smaller tent for bra-fittings were arranged outside where girls could try on different bras, and then order the perfect fit to be mailed to their house for free. Just when everyone thought this fashion filled afternoon was all too heavenly to be real, a purple goodie bag filled with the People StyleWatch magazine, lollipops and a darling Vince Camuto Journal was handed to everyone who stopped by.

A successful day in the world of fashion here at UCF could only be started with such an event like People StyleWatch. After taking group questions and making sure that all of our fashion needs were sated, Melanie and her ultra glam team packed up their too good to be true tent of luxuries and went on their stylish ways, just in time for the Her Campus Fashion show to begin. 

UCF Contributor