This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

It’s been every girl’s dream since they were little to go to the senior prom. These days, prom is more expensive than ever. Between the limo and shoes, prom shopping can squeeze on your wallet rather quickly.

This year, VolunteerUCF is partnering with XL 106.7 for “Operation Princess Project.” The event is held to collect gently used prom dresses for girls who need a dress to attend their senior prom. “Operation Princess Project” will take place on Feb. 22 at 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., and students can bring their gently used prom dresses to the Student Union room Sand Key 220.

Dressed in Hope, a non-profit organization that sews simple dresses for women in impoverished countries will also be donating at “Operation Princess Project.” They are expected to donate 30 to 40 dresses.

All donations made on Feb. 22 will be brought to XL 106.7’s Princess Boutique that they will be setting up for high school girls to choose a dress to wear to their prom. This will be the sixth year XL 106.7 is doing Operation Princess Project, collecting over 3,000 dresses in years before.  

So, gather your girlfriends and dust off your old prom dresses to donate to this worthy cause. Any formal dress is accepted, provided they are in good condition. Girls all around Central Florida who wouldn’t have the opportunity to go to their prom will get to feel glamerous and beautiful on their prom night.  

UCF Contributor