To Party or Not to Party, is That the Question?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

With finals getting into full swing, it’s time to buckle down and get ready for that last sprint to the finish line, and summer. We live in the Library, the Student Union, and in a wide variety of buildings that don’t ever seem to close. Late nights and early mornings lead to the after finals crash, which consists of long days full of sleeping, sleeping, and more sleeping. But I’m here to tell you, staring madly into a computer screen or flipping the pages in a book for hours upon hours might not be the best way to retain information. 

Constantly being tired isn’t the way to remember all that studying. You need to have the proper amount of sleep so that you’re well rested and retain the information you’re drilling into your head. You need to be able to relieve stress from the day, and I find the best way to achieve that is by going out. Now I’m not saying to go out every night of finals week, but if you’ve felt like you had a great day studying, why not go out and relax a little, maybe even take your mind off of your impending tests. Don’t get to inebriated because you need to be able to get out of bed the next morning to study more. But have a good time and enjoy yourself. 

Don’t get me wrong, if you have an intense major that doesn’t allow you to leave the cave that you call your bedroom, find an alternate to partying. One way or another, you need to find something during finals week to take your mind off of things. Whenever you find yourself in a little bit of a rut, go to your happy place for a while. Perhaps leave the library and take in the sun at the Reflection Pond or walk from where you live and go to the nearest pool on or off campus. Even go so far as to study while you’re at this relaxing location, catch some happiness and still get some studying done. Just find a way to de-stress, whether it’s playing video games, laying by the pool, or after a long day of studying going out to a bar.

The most important thing during this stressful time to remember is, find your “you” time. No matter what or where your “you” time is, go and do it. Taking the time to step away from the stressors of the world and relax, will only help you in the long run. 

Here’s a big Her Campus wish of Good Luck on your finals! We will all be head deep in studying and hopefully we will all have our “you” time, I know mines a night out but even if yours is just sitting outside in the sunshine, just do it.

-Real UCF Guy