Old Soul Fashion House: Vintage Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

It’s a normal Sunday night. There’s nothing to do (besides homework) and since you’re avoiding that at all cost, you’re spending your night with your biggest distractions: Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Pinterest, online shopping, blogs—the whole shebang.

You’re pinning away when you suddenly come across the cutest shorts. They have round silver studs on them and are bleached.  This isn’t the first time you’ve seen shorts like these, so you obviously add them to your “My Dream Closet” board, which includes all the latest trends. It’s hard to come across clothes like these in real life, unless you go through the hassle of either making them yourself or spending $60 on an overpriced pair.

But that problem is no longer, because now there is officially a place where you can buy everything you’ve ever put on your Pinterest board—and it’s right on campus at the Student Union!

Created by an Orlando native named Morgan Mazza, Old Soul Fashion House uses vintage inspiration to bring all the trendiest, old school clothing back to life. It’s based off of the idea that fashion isn’t about name brands or wearing something that everyone else has/wants, it’s about wearing things that match your personality and what is inside of you. Fashion is a way to express yourself and your individuality, not a way to blend in. Because of this, everything you find at Old Soul Fashion House is one-of-a-kind and even better, cheap!

When I first heard about Old Soul Fashion House, I was sitting on campus for the first time after a long day of running around. I heard about all the types of clothes they sold and saw pictures of the cutest white and red stripped shorts. I immediately got up and literally ran to the UCF Student Union hoping the racks (and shorts) would still be there. As I approached, I was greeted warmly and treated like a celebrity. I told Morgan my size and what I liked, and she gladly acted as my stylist, picking out about fifteen (not exaggerating) things for me to try on. I was in love with everything. From high-waisted flair pants to vintage combat boots, Old Soul Fashion House has it all. Out of out my millions of cute options, I narrowed it down to a pair of high-waisted sparkly black shorts, a cut up black and white crop top, and an old button up vest with a tourist-y Hawaiian pattern (Yes, Old Soul Fashion House even knows how to make those look cute).

The inspiring and creative Morgan Mazza usually gets her line together and sells clothes outside of the Student Union on the UCF campus on Wednesdays, but she is not there all the time, so take advantage of when she is. She sends out emails and writes posts when she will be there on her Facebook group.

You can find out more about this amazing line on at http://www.facebook.com/OldSoulFashion or on their in-progress website, http://www.oldsoulfashion.com

Kathryn Tromba is a Junior at the University of Central Florida. She is majoring in Interpersonal and Organizational Communication and minoring in Magazine Journalism. She is the Twitter Manager for @HerCampusUCF, the Public Relations Chair for Rent the Runway UCF, and a Campus Ambassador for InternQueen.com.