This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

This past Wednesday I had my first BLAM experience. For those of you who don’t know, BLAM stands for Bonnaroo Lineup Announcement Megathon. Many college students know of and have attended Bonnaroo before. I have never been and recently my work friends have been persistently trying to  convince me that I need to experience it before my college days are over. If you aren’t familiar with Bonnaroo, it is today’s Woodstock. Four days of amazing music to be consumed at all hours of the day and night. The event takes place on a huge property in rural Tennessee affectionately referred to as “the farm”.

I have attended previous music festivals such as EDC (Electric Daisy Carnival) and Spring Weekend. Although they were a great time, I never got into the vibe of either event. I’m able to appreciate some quality house music, however it’s the atmosphere that comes from the people being cracked out on MOLLY that I don’t appreciate. So I was more than hesitant to agree to leave the state and call “the farm”, with no running water or actual toilets, my home away from home for four days.

After watching the Bonnaroo trailer, coupled with some testimonies from previous attendees, my perception has changed and opened my mind to the idea. My expectation now is to be brought together by people who genuinely appreciate good music both modern and not. The main difference between Bonnaroo and other house music festivals is that the idea isn’t to take crazy drugs and rage face. At Bonnaroo it’s about coming together as a generation who identify with music as our form of expression. If you ask someone who has been before, they get this look in their eyes and you just know that this music festival is something that must be experienced firsthand to be understood.

With all that being said, the official Bonnaroo lineup was released through the BLAM event and it’s time to talk musicians. My top five favorites that made me squeal like a child on Christmas morning when they were announced are: The Avett Brothers, Elton John, Dr. Dog, Chance The Rapper, and Phoenix.

I would love to get some feedback from my readers about their experiences at Bonnaroo. The event is still months away, but I will release blog posts over the following months to keep you up on the hype and recruit people to lose their Rooginity with me! Hope your week is filled with accomplishments, good vibes, and killer workouts becauseee……..NEXT WEEK IS SPRAAANNGGG BREAKKK Y’ALL! Have a happy Monday :)

UCF Contributor