Monica Valentine: Concert Weirdos

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Being in college comes fun, partying, and going to your favorite band’s concerts when he or she arrives to your city. It is hard to balance school, work, friends, and trying to maintain a business that explores concerts in a way that you might not have seen before. Concert Weirdos is founded by Monica Valentine, which supports a comminity where people share the same interests of going to shows, supporting their favorite musicians, and rocking out! Monica has built herself a platform to be the best concert goer and wants others to join her as well.

Q: Describe yourself in in 3 words.

A: Dedicated, Outgoing, Creative

Q: What made you create the concept of Concert Weirdos?

A: It’s actually a funny story. Concert Weirdos was never something I intentionally tried to create. When I moved to Florida I discovered that there were so many events to go to, and this is when I discovered the “concert world.” I went to shows frequently, met new bands, and discovered new music! I was hooked. One day I decided to create a private, second twitter account where I wrote my deepest feelings and funny stories about concerts and my experiences. I named it Concert Weirdos and it was silly – plus who was ever gonna see it anyways? Well I decided to unlock this twitter account one day and followed a few people. After that, Concert Weirdos was getting so many retweets and followers…I could not keep up! Today, the account has nearly 50,000 followers.

Q: Why do you think your brand stands out from all the rest?

A: I think my brand stands out from the rest because where else can you find a community dedicated to lovers of live concerts all over the world? Of course there’s fanbases out there, but those are geared towards a specific artist/band. Concert Weirdos welcomes ALL people no matter what genre of music they enjoy. As long as you love music and enjoy going to shows – you can consider yourself a concert weirdo. It’s amazing how diverse yet so alike all my followers are. It brings us all together.

Q: What is your ultimate dream for Concert Weirdos?

A: My ultimate dream for Concert Weirdos is for it to continue to grow! I want to continue with the YouTube series, the band interviews, the professional photography, and expand the merchandise store!

Q: What do you like to do for fun?

A: Concerts. Duh.

Join the community where thousands of concert goers go to and express themselves!

www.concertweirdos.bigcartel.com

www.facebook.com/concertweirdos

www.twitter.com/concertweirdos

UCF Contributor