Midknight Munchies; The Two Men Who Started It All

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

It’s 2 a.m. and for whatever reason, you’re wide-awake. Other than getting some sleep before your 8:30 a.m. class, what’s the next logical thing to do?

Cookies. A lot of cookies.

Now you could realistically, mosey downstairs, flop into your car and drive to the nearest whatever for a box of month old Oreos.

But what if a bakery service delivered fresh chocolate cookies right to your doorstep? And what if the people delivering the chocolaty goodness, were two ridiculously good-looking men?

And so came Midknight Munchies. UCF’s first baked goods delivery service.

Fortunately for me, I had the opportunity to sit down with Matt Anderson and Allan Adzima, Co-founders of Midknight Munchies, and get all of your questions answered.

You’re welcome

Q: What is your major and year?

M: Marketing and I’m a senior!

A: Marketing w/ Entrepreneurship Minor

Q: Where you from?

M: I’m from Cooper City, Florida

A: I’m from Clearwater, Florida

Q: How did you come up with the idea for Midknight Munchies?

M: I used to be a sales representative for party tutor. I went with the owner also a good friend of mine Brent Henderson to UF for a weekend to help him promote. While there we were hungry late at night and found out that there was a late night cookie delivery business. We ordered, loved it, and instantly loved the idea. We immediately thought to bring it to UCF. When we got back he told me he wanted to do it but was just too busy with party tutor. He said his roommate Allan Adzima was interested, he introduced us both, and the rest is history

A: A friend of mine told me about a similar business at FSU. My roommate and great friend, Brent Henderson, the owner of Party Tutor, was in Gainesville around the same time with my future partner Matt. When Brent got back, we spoke about the idea and he introduced me to Matt. Matt and I began work shortly after meeting and we started building the business.

Q: How many people work for Midknight Munchies?

M: We currently have 22 independent contractors!

A: Technically, we don’t have any employees. However, we currently have about 20-25 independent contractors

Q: What’s a typical night like for you both?

M: There is no typical night, every night is different. But the basics are we have a baker baking throughout the night, a manager/assistant manager and 3-5 drivers all working together as a cohesive team to make UCF students happy.

A: We start baking every night about half an hour early to prepare the pre-open orders and for the guaranteed rush when we open up. Throughout the night, the kitchen is extremely busy with people taking orders and drivers running around trying to get them to the customer as fast as possible. Usually this is how the kitchen is all night, and can be rather hectic (not that I’m complaining). By the end of the night, we will have sold thousands of cookies, brownies, and other products that make our customers smile

Q: What nights of the week are your busiest?

M: Our busiest nights are usually Sunday because everyone generally stays in on a Sunday night, Tuesday night and Wednesday night!

A: When we first started, we thought that the busier “nightlife” nights would be are best i.e. Thursday-Saturday. However, we quickly learned that are best nights were actually Sunday-Thursday, the nights people do not go out as much

Q: Who are your biggest inspirations?

M: My biggest inspiration is my family. My dad who is a CFO of a private equity firm, my mom who has co-owned businesses and both of my sisters who have extremely successful jobs right now always tell me to go for my dreams and to never give up. They always tell me no matter how hard or frustrating something may be, to keep striving on to succeed

A: My parents are definitely at the top of the list. They are both self made, very successful and incredibly hard workers. Seeing their values and morals first hand has really shaped me into the person I am today.

Q: What are you favorite quotes?

M: “In order to succeed you must first be willing to fail”. It’s pretty much saying you’re not going to be perfect to start and if you are you’re not doing something right. You need to fail to learn things, which in turn you can practice to get better and better and so on. Experience is the best asset to a business!

A: “Some people dream of great accomplishments, while others stay awake and do them.”

Q: What piece of advice can you give young entrepreneurs?

M: Don’t listen to any outside voices telling you that it won’t work or that you won’t succeed. Believe in yourself before you believe in anyone else. Believe that you can truly achieve anything you put your mind and heart into. You can make anything happen!

A: An idea is only as good as its execution. Same goes with marketing. You can have the best product in the world, but if no one knows about it, it doesn’t matter. Always outwork your competition, and find a good mentor who can help guide you.

Now I can’t promise you that these two studs will be the ones to deliver you’re goodies, but I can assure you that you will fall in love with Midknight Munchies

Nina DeSarro is a senior at the University of Central Florida, pursuing a degree in Communication with a minor in Magazine Journalism and Sociology. She is the Assistant Editorial Director for UCF's HC chapter, and has been an avid Feature writer since her freshman year. Within her varied group of friends, she’s known as their “relationship guru,” specializing in the male/female dynamics. She is also an active member and former finance chair for her sorority, Alpha Epsilon Phi. In addition to being an avid writer, she can usually be found “plugged-in” with Dave Matthews Band streaming. Her ideal world is filled with Cosmo magazines, Vanilla Lattes, Sex and the City, Louboutin’s, and anything glittery. Her goals include, living and working somewhere in the North East for a television or magazine agency. 
UCF Contributor