MidKnight Munchies Grand Opening: UCF’s Newest Cookie Delivery Service

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

“Let’s be honest, people love dessert, and people love it that much more after they have experienced a night out in Orlando. What’s better than having delicious cookies brought hot and fresh to your door late at night?”

Today at 9 p.m., Midknight Munchies will be making its grand opening as a delivery-only cookie service, serving the UCF area with the fastest delivery of the freshest baked goods at the best price. The idea for this business venture was catered by Matthew Anderson and Allan Adzima, both marketing and entrepreneurship students at UCF. To start, MidKnight Munchies will be offering strictly cookies along with select beverages, but in the future hope to add brownies, cinnabuns, ice cream sandwiches and other delicious desserts to their selection.

If you’re ever sitting on your couch craving something sweet to munch on, call 407-590-6624 to have some cookies and milk delivered right to your doorstep!

Prices: 

Cookie- $0.99

Milk Carton- $1.25            

Yoo-Hoo- $1.50

Below is an interview with the founders of the company:

What is your age/major/minor/where are you from?

Allan Adzima: 22, Marketing, Entrepreneurship. Clearwater, Florida.                

Matthew Anderson: 21, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Cooper City, Florida.

How did the idea of MidKnight Munchies come to you?

Adzima: My girlfriend told me about a friend of hers from high school who started a similar business in Tallahassee. Although the company is no longer in business, I realized there was a great opportunity to bring the idea to the UCF area. Matt and I shared the same vision, and began work on our business shortly after meeting each other.

Anderson: I first experienced the idea while on a road trip in Gainesville. They had a similar idea there called Midnight Cookies and I saw how successful and how much fun it was. I decided that this would be something great to bring to the Knight Nation. I haven’t looked back. Along with this, one of my friends from high school also started a baked goods delivery business at FSU and had always told me how much he enjoyed it. This just added to the reasons why I wanted to start this business.

Where will you be baking?

We are currently looking at several permanent locations; however, the location doesn’t really matter since we will be delivery only when the business launches. With that said, we will be located very near to the UCF campus.

How far will you deliver?

We will be delivering in a 2.5-mile radius of the UCF campus.

When do you plan on launching MidKnight Munchies?

Wednesday, March 20th.

How do you plan on running this business?

We both believe we are here to serve others so they may benefit themselves in some way. We want to treat everyone right, from our customers, to our employees, and anyone else we may encounter. Treating others with kindness and respect is always the best way to handle any relationship. We want to put other’s feelings and needs before our own. If we can succeed in doing this, hopefully our business will be a success, too.

Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?

Adzima: We plan on expanding the idea of MidKnight Munchies to several other college towns. Although we are not the first people to have this idea, there are still countless universities who have nothing like this at their campus. Over time, we would like to franchise multiple locations and build a strong brand name all over the United States. Hopefully I will be successful enough to live a comfortable and fulfilling lifestyle.          

Anderson: I plan on seeing myself with a beautiful intelligent wife, and also three amazing kids. I also see myself continuing this business with my great business partner Allan and hopefully by then have multiple MidKnight Munchies locations spread throughout the U.S. The ultimate goal would be to stick with this and have it run smoothly for many years to come.