Lucas Thompson ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

The Gay You Wish Was Straight

Name: Lucas Thompson

Major: Broadcast Journalism

Year: Junior

Hometown: Lakewood Ranch, FL

Relationship Status: Taken

Dream job/ where do you see yourself in 10 years? My dream job is to work for NBC in New York City. In ten years I see myself living with the love of my life, having a stable career, and owning a labradoodle named Hercules. 

Favorite memory at UCF thus far? My favorite UCF memory has to be orientation. You meet so many awesome people and it is your first glimpse at what your new life is going to be like. I’m all about first impressions. 

What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time? In my spare time I love playing with my pet Tarantula, swimming, volunteering with Seeing Eye Dogs, messing around with my tap shoes in a studio, and getting slurpies from 7/11.

How long have you been into theatre? I’ve been in theatre ever since I was little. I found out at a young age that it was a perfect catharsis for me and I was hooked ever since.

Describe yourself in 3 words: Determined. Creative. Amigo.

Favorite quote to live by: Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. ~Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban