I Tried Pop-Tarts’ New Froot Loops Flavor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

As someone who loves both fruity and sugary foods, Pop-Tarts and Froot Loops are two of my guilty pleasures. When I stumbled across PopTarts’ new limited edition Froot Loops flavor, I was pumped and absolutely had to impulse buy them. Word of this new flavor had been floating around since late 2019, and it finally hit the shelves in early 2020. I bought these for $3.68 at Walmart. 

At first glance, I really liked how fun these designs were. Admittedly, Toucan Sam is a little frightening because of the grainy graphics, but all in all, I appreciate the concept. They’re super colorful and really let you know these are Froot Loops Pop-Tarts. There are six designs in total, but this one just happened to be what I opened first. 

The filling is bright pink and kind of reminds me of a guava pastry. The Pop-Tarts certainly have that signature Froot Loops scent. Follow his nose, indeed! At first bite, these taste exactly like their namesake! That distinctly tangy and fruity flavor of Froot Loops is undeniable. The sweetness is a bit intense, so I had to eat these fairly slowly. 

In true Pop-Tarts fashion, I also tried these toasted. I must admit that it’s a bit…strange? It’s not terrible, but I wouldn’t consider it ideal to eat hot Froot Loops. I’d suggest you skip out on toasting these. 

If you’re a fan of fruity flavors or Froot Loops, I strongly recommend purchasing a box of Froot Loops PopTarts at your local Walmart. They come in a pack of 16 and they’re fairly cheap, so if you’re thinking about trying these for yourself, I encourage you to do it! These were a solid buy and I’ll be eating them for breakfast for the rest of the week.

All images provided by the author.

Courtney Malalel is a smoothie enthusiast and sophomore at the University of Central Florida, studying to become a pediatric oncologist. When she isn't writing for HerCampus, she is painting, dancing or making runs to Universal to hop on Jurassic Park. You can also find her petting any cat in her general vicinity.
UCF Contributor