How to Have a Date with Yourself

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Have you ever thought about going on a date with yourself? We live in a society that deems being alone as sad and pathetic. But in reality, it is a rewarding thing to go out and just explore life with yourself. Here are some wonderful ideas to get you started!

Movie Date

Whether it is a romantic tear jerker or an action packed thriller, you can see whichever movie you want without having to compromise with someone and watch a movie you didn’t want to see. And the best part is you don’t have to share popcorn!

Concert Date

This may sound like an impossible event to attend alone, but it’s the most easy. It’s the same as having a solo dance party in your room, except it is in the presence of your number 1 favorite performer. 

Shopping Date

This one is probably the most fun. Shopping alone lets you shop for hours on end with no limit. Until the store kicks you out at closing of course. Spending a long time in the stores gives you enough time to really study the outfits you want to get. Sometimes shopping with other people can get stressful and annoying. Plenty of times when I shopped with friends, I felt rushed and ended up buying something that I didn’t really want, ultimately wasting my money. And that’s never a good thing.

Salsa Class Date

Doing this alone can definitely get you out of your comfort zone. But the probability of your dance partner being a cute boy is very high ;)

Work Out Date

Working out alone is highly beneficial, because you can exercise at your own time and pace with no eyes judging you. You are also able to make a schedule that works best for only you.

Have a YOU Date

On this date, you should pamper yourself. Having a relaxing day for just you is something every collegiate needs. Whether it is getting a spray tan, mani-pedi, or facial it’s all about you! 

Photo credit: Image 1, Image 2, Image 3, Image 4, Image 5, Image 6

UCF Contributor