timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Enjoy Each Moment at a Music Festival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

So the day that you’ve waited for has finally arrived. You’re about to go to a music festival and party to of some of your current favorite artists. These events can be so much fun, from modeling the cutest festival attire to dancing the night away with your friends. But it can be easy to get lost in the chaos of it all. That’s why it’s important to focus your attention on each moment—because by taking it one performance at a time you can fully maximize your enjoyment! Here’s how to get the most out of your festival experience:

1. Plan Ahead

Plan everything such as transportation, attire and meals a couple of days before the event. This way you won’t have anything to worry about once you get there, and you can relax and enjoy!

2. Be Present

So much happens at a music festival. And while you are most likely there for a specific musician, you shouldn’t get so obsessed with seeing them that you forget about the rest of the performances. So take it each moment at a time. From the minute you arrive and take in the scene to the end of the day’s events, try to focus on what is happening in the now. You never know, your favorite moment could be one you least expect!

3. Take Photos and Videos

By taking photos and videos you not only gain a ton of social media content, but also a way to keep the memories alive. Take pictures with friends and videos of some of the performers you love. Just make sure to not be on your phone the whole time, because you are there to experience it live!

4. Make a Playlist of All Your Favorite Songs from the Event

This is another great way to keep the festival going even after it’s over. When you hear the songs you can think back on all the fun you had, and you’ll feel more connected to the music than ever!

These small steps can lead to lots of fun. Live each and every moment to the fullest and have fun at the next festival you attend! Don’t have a festival on your calendar? Come hang out with Her Campus UCF on March 5 from 6:00–8:00 p.m. We’re teaming up with Hangout Music Festival to bring a little spring break right to our campus, featuring music trivia, beach games, festival makeovers, and of course plenty of beachy photo ops! We can’t wait to see you there!

Images: 1, 2, 3

Lauren is a student at the University of Central Florida and is majoring in Hospitality Management. When she isn't studying you can probably find her at a theme park, working out, or curling up to a good movie. She has a passion for writing that she is excited to share with the world.
UCF Contributor