How to Channel Your Inner Elle Woods

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Elle Woods from Legally Blonde is the woman that we all wish we could be (or at least, the woman I wish I could be). However, not everyone has the kind of motivation to get a 79 on their LSATs like she does (now that’s something that I’m certain we all wish we had). Here are some tips for the average college student looking to channel their inner Elle in any aspect of their life, from work, to school, to simple goals…

1. Find your purpose.

Elle’s purpose for her studying was to get in to Harvard so she could follow and win back her ex-boyfriend. Now, I’m not suggesting that winning back your ex should be your purpose for doing better in school, but in order to get in to your dream school or get the job you want are some pretty good goals no matter how far away they may seem.

2. Relieve your stress when you know you need to.

You may have a desire to work yourself to death, but every so often you are going to need to give yourself a break. Make sure to put some time towards yourself once in a while, whether your version of stress-relieving is through exercise or just reading a nice book.

3. Reward yourself occasionally.

On the road to one big prize, you should reward yourself every now and then with little things for the work you have done. You’ll know when you’ve earned that mani-pedi, girl.

4. Don’t let others bring you down.

Some people may find your goal(s) to be unattainable, and that’s okay – they’re just hating on how far you’ve already come down the road to it. Stick to your beliefs and stay true to yourself, focusing on how you feel about your own life. Maybe they were just having a bad day because all they had left in their closet was orange…

5. Always have confidence in yourself.

If Elle didn’t believe in herself, she would have never have made it as far as she did. Remember that with supportive friends and family along with a focused head and confident attitude, you can do literally anything you put your mind to. You can’t reach the result at the end of it all if you aren’t motivated and believing you can get there!

Put all these tips together and you can easily do anything Elle can do too, collegiates!

Photo credit: Image 1, Image 2, Image 3, Image 4, Image 5, Image 6

Hailey is a junior here at the University of Central Florida, currently majoring in Human Communication and double minoring in Business and Leadership Studies. She is also a dedicated sister of Gamma Phi Beta. When she's not writing for Her Campus or her own personal blog, you can find her hanging out with other members of her sorority at philanthropy events and socials, singing her heart out at local concerts, or taking silly pictures with her best friends on rides at Disney World or Universal. Hailey enjoys ordering cookies and Chinese food at midnight, running in local 5K's, and cheering on her Knights at football games. Follow Hailey on Twitter and Instagram for updates on her articles and life!
UCF Contributor