The Hot Virgin Diaries

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

What do Tim Tebow, Jessica Simpson, Adriana Lima, Lisa Kudrow, and the Jonas Brothers have in common?

Yes, they are all famous. Glad we have that one covered. But what is it that links this random group of people? We have an NFL player, singers, actresses, and a Victoria’s Secret model.

They all share a value that connects them more than the reason they are famous. Give up?

They are all virgins, or have at least waited until marriage to do the deed.

When you tell someone you are a virgin and will remain a virgin until marriage, they categorize you. It is as if they are in complete and utter shock, and in our modernly sex-crazed world it is understandable. You are dropped into a mold, whether you belong there or not. Sometimes you are respected and other times you are shunned.

This mold stems from numerous things, but most recently, the new TLC television show, “The Virgin Diaries,” has really placed virgins in a category. I mean, I saw that kiss the couple gave at their wedding. I felt more awkward watching that than I would have watching a sex scene in a movie with my grandparents.

Unlike what this show may portray, keeping your virginity does not mean you cannot kiss before marriage, it means you cannot have sex before marriage. As the saying goes, “You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince.” There is a difference between kissing and having sex.

Saving yourself is a choice, not a problem. Sometimes it is viewed as an unfathomable issue that needs an explanation. Do you not think men were swooning over Victoria’s Secret model Adriana Lima? Although most men would consider her a tease, she still kept true to her morals and saved herself until she got married at the age of 27. GQ Magazine even named her The World’s Most Voluptuous Virgin.

Most people withhold themselves for religious reasons, like Jessica Simpson. Jessica held true until her marriage with Nick Lacey at the age of 22. She told reporters from the Britain Sunday Time’s that, “Of all the things about myself, staying a virgin until my wedding night is the thing that makes me most proud.”

Jessica also talks about how men would dump her because they could not believe that she really did not want to have sex. If a man tries to force you to do something with him that you do not want to do, then he is not the right man for you. All women are beautiful gems that deserve a man to treat her with respect.

There are good men out there ladies, like Tim Tebow, who is one of hottest NFL quarterbacks. He has put more pride in his morals than he does in football. Tim is a prime example that you can find a man like this. Maybe his butt won’t look so good in those tight football pants, but if he treats you like the beautiful gem you are, that is way more important.

It is tough to select a path that goes against the norm. Everyone wants to be accepted and loved. It is so easy to be swayed along with the flow, and sometimes that flow is agreeable. But when we come to those forks when it is not, those are the times to make your choice carefully. Even if you have already lost your virginity, it does not mean that you cannot start on a new path now. It is your body.

At the end of the day, someone out there is going to ostracize you for turning off the common path. Someone is going to laugh at you for a choice you have made. Someone is going to scorn you. And in the end? It is something you should take pride in because it is something that you can control, and no one can take that away.