Hilary’s Highlights: House of Cards, Ariana Grande, and more!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

If you just woke up from a one week coma, here is what you missed… you’re welcome.

House of Cards – Season 2

If you don’t have a Netflix account, then you are an irrelevant loser and this doesn’t apply to you. The highly anticipated Season 2 of House Of Cards went up on Netflix last Friday. If you’ve seen the first episode, you know that it was some serious OMFG sh*t!  This season has all of the sitting on the edge of your seat excitement that the beloved first season had. It jumps right back in where the first season left off, with our favorite evil political genius, Frank Underwood, and his icy betch of a wife, Claire. Those two might have the strangest marriage I have ever seen in a television show, but I freaking love it. This show is literally so addictive, that I actually went through the first half of the season in one morning. UGH I CAN’T WAIT A WHOLE YEAR FOR THE NEXT SEASON, WHY NETFLIX, WHY?

Ariana Grande & Perez Hilton Feud

This is the best Hollywood feud since Lindsay Lohan and Hilary Duff fought over Aaron Carter. Apparently everyone’s fav celeb blogger to hate, Perez Hilton, called out Ariana Grande’s Grammy 2014 look, and brought her to tears on the red carpet.  Ariana’s fans have been relentless to Hilton, threatening him and his adopted son. He has now attacked back at Grande for not silencing her fans or even mentioning the death threats.  Perez even went so far as to call Ariana out over Twitter, saying he heard she had done cocaine that weekend. The tweets have since been removed. Ariana finally spoke up on the 20th asking her fans to please stop wishing negativity on anyone. Will this be the end of the feud, or is there more to come? Ugh, I really hope this continues – it feels like 2004 all over again!

Brandi Glanville is Still a Desperate Wannabe

Everyone’s favorite alcoholic slut has done it again. She continues to impress upon us how much of an actual loser she is. This time it stems from her begging her fans to vote for her to win The Real Housewives Awards. I think I just vommed a little. Okay Brandi, if that’s even your real name, are you that desperate and sad? You need the glory of an irrelevant award to fill the voids in your life? She has taken to Twitter to post obsessively for fans to vote for her. I thought she was a funny betch when she wrote about vaginal rejuvenation and putting it on her ex-husband’s credit card, but now I see she’s just a desperate cougar trying to maintain relevancy. Brandi, put down the pinot, and get your sh*t together. If you wanna be a drunken betch – do it, but don’t be desperate, like ew.

Brooke Burke Charvet – FIRED

Brooke Burke – Charvet has been fired from Dancing with the Stars’ and has taken to Twitter to let her fans know. This came as a shock to Burke since she has been cohosting the show for so long. She explained in a follow up, “I have enjoyed seven seasons co-hosting DWTS, but understand the need for change considering the position of the show at this juncture.” This comes as no shock to me since DWTS switched to only one night a week, and also did away with their 28 piece band. They must realllllyyy have no money for this show anymore. I do feel bad for Brooke; she seems like a nice lady and getting fired is never fun. Hopefully she’ll get work again soon, but probably not, she’s kind of old. Hey but she did have that campaign with Sketchers, though, so congrats!

Justin Bieber Offered a Plea Deal

That’s right the Biebs is BACK. Biebs was arrested for drag racing and a DUI a month ago in Miami and has been waiting to hear his punishment/ awaiting trial. However, the Florida State Attorney has offered little Biebs a plea deal. Justie can get his charges dropped if he agrees to the deal. The deal would be: 40 hours of community service, attend an alcohol ed class and plead no contest to reckless driving. Justin also must have an ignition interlock device for three months, go to a “victim impact panel” where the family members of DUI victims will talk to him, and most importantly, the 19-year-old singer will need to be randomly drug tested for six to nine months! And at his expense!  In addition to all of this, he must provide the courts with details of where he will be traveling at all times, so they can come find him, if need be. YIKES! That’s some intense stuff. I really wanted to see Biebs in an orange jumpsuit…well maybe one day. A girl can hope, right?

UCF Contributor