element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Her Stars: Are Pisces and Taurus a Couple Written in the Stars?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Welcome back to Her Stars! The weekly column that answers your questions about astrology, romance and general advice. This week we dive into more compatibility, which house you would be on Game of Thrones based on your star sign, and how to understand more about astrology.

What is the compatibility between Pisces and Taurus? What difficulties can arise between the two of them? – Anonymous

As previously mentioned, compatibility between two people is completely dependent on them. Pisces is the dreamy water sign, while Taurus is the motivated and homey earth sign. I haven’t previously mentioned the elements of the signs, but basically, every star sign also has an element assigned to it. You are either an earth, water, fire or air sign.

If you know a Pisces, you know that they daydream a lot, sleep a lot and cry a lot. Pisces are huge intuitive empaths and can be very interesting and alluring people, yet at the same time, they’re completely out of touch with reality. Tauruses are smart and very loyal. They manifest what they want, and make no mistake—they always get what they want. This also means they are extremely stubborn and hate being told how things should be.

Pisces and Taurus make a good couple if they can get past a few things. First, Pisces tend to victimize and they hate seeing a reality they’re not comfortable with. If any problems should arise, it would be difficult to communicate with a Pisces and get them to be present in this realm. They feel deeply and can completely understand how you feel, but only if it’s what they’ve accepted. On the other hand, Tauruses have difficulty expressing emotion on top of romanticizing their significant other. Since they’re so smart and good at planning, they have already idealized you and decided how their significant other should fit into their life. It’s unlikely that Pisces will win arguments against Taurus and most of their fights will end in one or the other crying. Both have a tendency to idealize and romanticize, meaning there will be a lot of passion and love. Pisces intrigue Tauruses and make them feel understood while Tauruses make Pisces feel safe and at home. If they can keep good and strong communication, this is a couple meant to last past the stars.

How do I dip my foot into astrology? I only know about my main zodiac and have no idea what a Moon sign is or what houses represent. – Rachel T.

Welcome to astrology then! Let me give a very brief rundown: everyone’s birth chart is completely different. It’s dependent on where you are born, what time you were born and, of course, the date you were born. Birth charts look similar to the one above. If you want to find your own, I recommend Cafe Astrology or any other site with a birth chart calculator. All of your birth chart plays into who you are, but most notable is your Sun sign, Moon sign, and Rising sign. Your Sun sign is your main zodiac, your Moon sign represents your inner feelings and emotions, and your Rising represents your external persona to those around you.

On the chart above, Sun and Moon are obvious, and Rising is the first sign depicted in the next column. On this chart, it’s Gemini. Each planet and the numeral house represents an aspect and plays into how you are,  how you behave and how your life may unfold. There are also elements assigned to the signs: earth, air, water and fire. This is simply another way to categorize the signs. For example, Aries is a fire sign and that shows in how passionate, fiery and sporadic they are. Signs are also categorized into modes: cardinal, mutable, and fixed. This categorizes the signs into traits. For example, Capricorn is a cardinal sign and they are motivated, hard workers and can be dynamic. To learn more, I recommend following Twitter astrologists or The Planets Today.

I’m an Aries, which house would I belong in on Game of Thrones? – Anonymous

This is based on my own opinion and supported with some facts. I think you would belong in House Targaryen. You are strong, passionate and fiery. This can rub a lot of people the wrong way and make enemies as they may be intimidated by your energy. You are meant to be a leader, but can be too stubborn and mow people over. At the same time, being as sporadic as you are can cause you to make bad decisions. You are no doubt a Targaryen. Fiery, beautiful, passionate and a little misguided. In the words of Daenerys Targaryen, “I will take what is mine with fire and blood.”

Stay tuned for next week’s Her Stars! If you have a question you’d like to submit, click here

Images courtesy of Nicole Wills and Cafe Astrology.

Other images: 1, 3

Catherine is a student at the University of Central Florida. She is majoring in health administration with a minor in literature. She is a first generation Vietnamese women who hopes to use her writing both as a hobby and professionally. If you can't find her eating or studying, then she''ll be found curled up with her cat watching The Office.
UCF Contributor