Her Fashion: Pink Wednesday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

No more “Pink Friday!” Sorry Nicki Minaj, but this month has been all about “Pink Wednesday.” I’m sure you’ve heard the buzz by now about wearing pink on Wednesdays for breast cancer awareness.

This tradition was started by the Northern Montana Hospital, and has been going strong ever since. But the movie Mean Girls has turned this tradition into a growing trend among collegiettes, indirectly, of course. In the movie, the “plastics” wear pink on Wednesdays. This is a staple film for any collegiette. When a Mean Girls tradition can be combined with raising awareness about breast cancer, it’s a great day in my book.

This collegiette caught my eye with her stunning get-up. I have seen girls all around campus wearing their pink, but none quite as fabulous as Madeline Cueva! She implemented a style that I personally love by wearing bold-colored skinnies with a neutral top. This look gives your pants a pop that exudes a certain fashion confidence. As for the pattern of her top, you can’t go wrong with cheetah print. I mean we’re still seeing the trend-setting Kardashians rocking it, so it must be relevant, right?

As you can see, even when following a trend like “Pink Wednesday,” you can still add your own personal style. So go in your closet, find something pink, and WERK!

Matt Fultz is a sophomore studying Marketing and Magazine Journalism. He is currently the official fashion blogger of Her Fashion and contributing writer for HCUCF. After college, Matt hopes to work for a fashion magazine in NYC and gain a reputation as a fashion photographer. Follow Matt on Twitter: @MattWFultz for fashion updates and more! 
Nicholas Osler graduated from the University of Central Florida in 2014 with a degree in Interpersonal/Organizational Communication. Connect with him on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/nicholasosler