This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Katie Kardok, a junior at UCF, wears a boho-gone-girly get-up with her gypsy jewels and dark, paisley head wrap. Matching, cookie-cutter ensembles can be so boring! Try spicing up an outfit by covering your wrists in assorted bracelets or bearing a gaudy necklace. When speaking about Katie’s personal style, she says, “I don’t have any fashion boundaries. Silver with gold, lace with leather…I like creating unconventional trends.” Trust her; she would know a thing or two about how to dress, as she was voted Class of 2010’s Best Dressed in high school. There should be no rules or limits dictating how you accessorize, and no fear of fusing together opposite designs.

Harper’s Bazaar magazine recently declared “Gypsy Soul” as one of the hottest accessory trends of the season. Designers like Gucci and Ralph Lauren were seen featuring elaborate, ethnic pieces and gems of contrasting color schemes on the runway for their Spring 2013 collections. This fun, fearless trend is so easy to convert from that exaggerated runway style to your individual street style. Be an eclectic, over-accessorized babe this spring!

Don’t worry, though; you won’t have to splurge on these high-end accessories. Katie finds a lot of her trinkets from local thrift stores, flea markets, and discounted boutiques. Most of the bracelets she has on above can be purchased from Forever 21. And if you’re looking for a great downtown deal on lavish, vintage jewelry to mix-and-match, check out Orange Tree Antiques Mall. They have plastic bags filled to the brim with randomized necklaces and bracelets of all styles from $7 to $10 each, so definitely stop in and pick up a bag or two!

UCF Contributor