The Girl Who Doesn’t Get Played

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

It has always been known that guy can be the players. They’re the ones who can’t commit or make up their mind about one girl. Guys are always the jerks, while the girls sit there acting innocent, hurt, and crying their eyes out. This type of situation occurs for the majority of the time. 

What about when the girl acts as the villainess, kissing all the boys and making them cry?  Typically, it seems that most single girls fall into the category of waiting for Prince Charming to come along.  All they want is to date someone and magically turn him into a boyfriend. Then Prince Charming happens to be more like Jack Sparrow and is off faster than you can say, “Aye Aye Matey.”  There are a few girls who enjoy the single life and have no interest in a serious relationship at all. After all, we are young, so why commit to one person now and act like you’re already married? You have the rest of your life to live that lifestyle. I get it though, it’s nice to have someone and not be lonely all the time. It’s also nice to be out with your girls every night and not have to worry about what your man is doing, or answering his texts throughout the entire night while he keeps tabs on you. This type of girl has no interest in a boyfriend, only a toy-friend or a boy-toy.   

Why You Hate Her

The obvious reason would be that she stole your man/boyfriend. If she didn’t snatch your own, then she probably hooked up with your friend’s guy. Plus, she might make a complete spectacle of herself and come off as trashy or obnoxious. You hate her because you feel like you have to. Honestly though, if hooking up or talking to boys are all she’s interested in, then what’s it to you? It is good to be concerned if she’s a good friend of yours or one of your sorority sisters.  Don’t talk down to her, but let her know that you care about her and don’t necessarily think she’s sending off the best image of herself. Still keep in mind that just because she acted like this one night, doesn’t mean she’s doing this all the time. 

If You Are Her

The single life can be fun, and hook-ups are sweet and scandalous. It feels nice to have a guy you can always count on after midnight, when you’re in the mood. However, things become complicated if he invites you to come over at 3 PM. What your response probably wants to sound like is, “Yeah, I’ve never seen you in sunlight, and I’m not certain I want to. Plus, I don’t really feel like chatting about your dog or watching Twilight together.  Awkward.” Be careful about your number of hook-ups and who the winning candidates are. If you hook up with more than one boy in a week, especially the same night, then that will not be a good look. If the boys happen to know each other or be in the same fraternity, then all of your business will get around real quick. You don’t want to give yourself a bad reputation. This also ties into my last article about safe sex. If you’re having a lot of it, make sure you’re being smart about it. Kissing boys, flirting, and chatting them up is harmless. Just remember, being discreet is key. Nobody likes a girl who brags about her hook-ups and broadcasts them for all to hear. 

Why She Matters

She knows how to play the game and is really good at it. It might not be a bad idea to take a few lessons from her. Whichever way this type of girl affects you, it’s important to know she exists. It is not always the boys that are the heartbreakers, but it’s also not bad that the girl can fill that role instead.