Fall Events in Orlando

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Walt Disney World Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT

This is an annual event that always draws older crowds to the Disney parks. It is a great way to grab a group of your friends to bond over food and wine around the world. Between now and November 12, there are nearly 30 different culinary stations around the park. The environment is definitely meant to make you feel like you’re traveling around the globe, and, not to mention, the weather is fab this time of year. Not only are there large varieties of food and drink but there are also seminars, the Eat to the Beat Concert Series and culinary demonstrations. This is a great festival to be adventurous at and experience different cultures while still being able to experience all the great things about Disney.

Ghost Stories at Harry P. Leu Gardens – October 26
This event is similar to their usual movie date nights, but instead it is themed around Halloween. Bone chilling stories will be told in the casual environment of the lawn in front of the Leu Museum. Bring blankets or chairs and that special someone to cuddle with while trying to not get too frightened. Snacks and treats are available and admission is only 10 dollars. This is a perfect night for you and your man–or even just your group of gals–to hang out, relax, and be scared.

Halloween Horror Nights 22

It’s the 22nd year for Universal’s extremely scary nights of Halloween. This year they have seven new houses with one based on AMC’s very popular show, The Walking Dead. The theme this year is “There is No Escape,” which means that the scare zones are even more spread out across the park. The more people you bring with you, the more bait there is for the Walkers. Grab plenty of your friends and enjoy one of the scariest nights of your life.

Spooky Empire’s Ultimate Horror Weekend
The weekend of Oct. 26 to Oct. 28, prepare for the Hilton Orlando to be transformed. There are plenty of things to do at this event including a Freak Show Film Festival, tattoo contest, psychics and an infamous zombie walk. There are even some authors of famous scary storywriters including R.L. Stein, the author of the Goosebumps book series. This event does have an admission price, but there are tons of activities to make it worth it.

Fiesta in the Park at Lake Eola
Every year, downtown Orlando draws a huge crowd around the lake. There are plenty of art vendors, crafts and food to casually browse through with your friends or family. Artists can register to sell their pieces and have them displayed for all of Orlando to see. Picking out unique and one-of-a-kind jewelry and other trinkets while snacking on food truck food is always fun to indulge in. This event is for all ages because there are plenty of things to see and do. Live entertainment, plenty of food, and free admission all weekend long Nov. 3 to Nov. 4.

Keegan is a sophomore at UCF majoring in Environmental Studies and is part of the HCUCF team as an editorial writer. Keegan is obsessed with all things Disney and is currently training for a marathon. If she survives, she will attend law school and dedicate her life to making the hospitality industry as environmentally friendly as possible. 
Nicholas Osler graduated from the University of Central Florida in 2014 with a degree in Interpersonal/Organizational Communication. Connect with him on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/nicholasosler