Emily Kopp’s Kickstarter Campaign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

What is Emily’s kickstarter?
Her own personalized fundraiser intended to raise $12,000 (yes, 12 thousand) to pay for recording, touring, marketing and everything that goes along with releasing her album properly.

Why should you care?
Other than the fact that you’re supporting a fellow UCF student, you’re also supporting one girl’s dreams and passions. Over the course of the past two years, Kopp has opened up for major National touring artists such as Michelle Branch, Boyce Avenue, Parachute, and Brandi Carlile.But hey, don’t take my word for it…just listen to the musical genius herself!

“Hi, my name is Emily Kopp. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out! Here is a little background information on my Kickstarter: Basically, Kickstarter is a website that houses all of these fundraising projects within the arts for people like musicians, inventors, photographers, film makers, and more! Kickstarter will help me with marketing/publicity expenses, studio/producer fees, album art/album duplication, paying the band, and touring expenses so you can actually hear the album once it’s complete. Since I don’t have a wealthy investor, like other artists, and I’m not signed to a label, I’m a little short on funding. But here is where you come in. I took all of these expenses into account, and came up with the magic number of $12,000. I know this may sound like a lot, however, you can donate as little as $1 and it would still be a great help! Plus, it’s super easy with the online payment options.

Friends, fans, and other contributors will have 60 days to help me fund my project. However, if I don’t reach my goal within that time frame, all donations will be refunded to the donor. With each donation amount, donors will receive a free prize! For example, a certain amount of money donated could get you a free digital download of the album once it’s out, a free T-shirt, a signed hard copy of the album, album liner credits, and even a private house concert, among other great incentives. You can check out all of the available prizes located on the right-hand side of my campaign page. There’s a promo video on my Kickstarter page which will explain my purpose, and hopefully inspire you and others to help me out!”

Follow the link below to help her out!

Emily Kopp’s Full Length Album Kickstarter!

She’ll also be headlining in Orlando on June 9th at Plaza Live Orlando (425 N. Bumby Avenue) if you’d like to hear this musical queen live! 

Nina DeSarro is a senior at the University of Central Florida, pursuing a degree in Communication with a minor in Magazine Journalism and Sociology. She is the Assistant Editorial Director for UCF's HC chapter, and has been an avid Feature writer since her freshman year. Within her varied group of friends, she’s known as their “relationship guru,” specializing in the male/female dynamics. She is also an active member and former finance chair for her sorority, Alpha Epsilon Phi. In addition to being an avid writer, she can usually be found “plugged-in” with Dave Matthews Band streaming. Her ideal world is filled with Cosmo magazines, Vanilla Lattes, Sex and the City, Louboutin’s, and anything glittery. Her goals include, living and working somewhere in the North East for a television or magazine agency. 
Nicholas Osler graduated from the University of Central Florida in 2014 with a degree in Interpersonal/Organizational Communication. Connect with him on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/nicholasosler