Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Creating Christmas Memories: 5 Things To Do With Your Partner This Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Now that finals are over, and the workload is a bit relaxed, this is the perfect time to embrace the season with a warm hot chocolate, a lighthearted Christmas movie, and of course, someone to share it with. While doing so, here are 5 magical and enchanting ideas to do with your partner during the holidays:

Crafting Christmas Drinks

Whether it’s trying out your twist on the wonderful Starbucks seasonal drinks, or creating your own Christmas cocktail, there is so much to explore in this fun activity! Here are some favorites that never fail to taste delicious:

• Sugar Cookie Latte: Sugar cookie-flavored syrup, blonde espresso, your choice of milk!  
  • Gingerbread Latte: Espresso, gingerbread syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and whipped cream!
  • Smore’s Hot Chocolate: Espresso, your choice of milk, sugar, chocolate chips, honey, and marshmallows
  • Christmas Mule: Cranberry juice, vodka, peppermint schnapps, and ginger beer
  • Gingerbread Martini: Vodka, heavy cream, and gingerbread syrup
  • North Pole Cocktail: Vodka, Kahlua, chocolate syrup, molasses, ginger, and heavy cream
Illuminating the night with some lights

Grab a warm blanket and some snacks, and go for a drive around the neighborhood to look at all the decor the town has to offer during this time of year. Whether you’re getting some inspiration, or just admiring the scenery, this is the perfect time to play your Christmas playlist in the car and take in the magical view of the twinkling lights.

Starting an advent calendar

Either make one for each other, or start one together, but starting an advent calendar is an awesome way to look forward to something every day together and find new things to enjoy! Remember, advent calendars do not always need to be extravagant! A handwritten note, an idea for a date, or something that made you think of them throughout the day helps loved ones get into the joy of the season and adds to the connection you already share.

PLANNING A WINTERING PICNIC

Take advantage of the cool weather by booking a date with the chilly outdoors! Wrap yourself and your hunny in a blanket, bring some cocoa or some soup, and enjoy the wonderland of the season. Take this time to reminisce on past holidays, listen to your favorite Christmas carols, and enjoy each other’s company. Don’t forget to bring along a comfortable blanket to sit on and perhaps a few extra layers to stay warm in the crisp winter air.

Scrapbooking your Christmas COLLECTION

Especially if it is your first Christmas with them, this is the perfect time to begin documenting these memories so they last forever! Plan a night to gather pictures bundled up in the snow or by the fireplace and put them all in a journal. This way, you can look back next year, add more memories, and continue these traditions for years to come.

This Christmas, let the spirit of being together guide your celebrations. By dwelling on these heartwarming activities with your partner, you’ll not only create beautiful memories but also strengthen your ongoing relationship during this magical time of the year.

Julia Zanatta is a senior at University of Central Florida. This is her third year writing for Her Campus, and she is so grateful to be a part of the team. She is majoring in English, Creative Writing track. In her free time, she likes to read, journal, paint, and listen to music.