A Collegiette’s Guide to the BCS Football Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

As a girl who enjoys watching football, the holiday season is a special time of year when I get that extra bit more of college football satisfaction. The Bowl Championship Series gives football fans a full-up feeling from sitting on the couch, going through all sorts of emotions, in the hopes of receiving one glorious thing every dedicated fan wants: bragging rights over their winning team. The BCS is a five-game showcase managed by the “11 NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision conferences — and the University of Notre Dame.”  Determined by the BCS poll standings, the two top-rated teams in the nation are matched up in the national championship game; the remaining eight teams are placed in exciting and competitive matchups in four other bowl games.   

Now, I may not be a guy and I may not have a wealth of knowledge on the matter; I just happen to be a dedicated fan of the number one team in the nation. Here is a short guide to the five BCS games that will be taking place over the holiday season:

Rose Bowl presented by VISIO

When: January 1, 2013

Where: Pasadena

Discover BCS National Championship Game

When: January 7, 2013

Where: Miami, Florida

Allstate Sugar Bowl

When: January 2, 2012

Where: New Orleans 

Tostitos Fiesta Bowl

When: January 3, 2013

Where: Glendale, Arizona

Discover Orange Bowl

When: January 1, 2013

Where: Miami