This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Grooming is an essential part of our day-to-day lives, especially for us collegiettes! From good quality makeup to the latest hair products, the bill can start to add up. I know my obsessive beauty routines can be not only costly, but I also grow tiresome of them. Are you the type who tries new beauty trends or sticks with what you know works?

Everyone has his or her own beauty quirks that may seem a bit strange. Here are ten of the most outlandish products that actually substitute as hidden beauty gems:

1.)    PAM Spray
PAM is not just for the kitchen anymore. This spray was been sworn by to give your complexion a nice glow. Make sure you purchase the non-scented kind, so you do not end up smelling like a fried egg! After your next “bake” session, take a shower and spray a light coat of PAM on your newly bronzed body. Your skin will look dewy, not greasy, and not to mention your muscles will appear more defined!

2.)    Preparation H
I realize you all will probably be extremely skeptical of this primp tip, but models all over swear by its wonders! This cream is used to shrink hemorrhoids and does the same for swollen eyes. Apply this cream under your eyes for puffiness. Avoid the oily versions to keep your complexion clear.

3.)    Dryer Sheets
Fly-aways and frizz are a girl’s worst nightmare, especially in the Florida humidity! Tame your unruly hair with dryer sheets. Smooth one sheet through your hair before heading out into the humidity, leaving your hair frizz-free and smelling straight-out-of–the-dryer clean. Pack a few in your purse for later on in the day.

4.)    Baking Soda
Baking soda is not just used for teeth-whitening anymore. In the self-tanning craze, some of us are left with unwanted streaks. If you fall victim to this, put baking soda on a loofah the next time you shower and scrub away the streaks.

5.)    Milk
Milk is one of the most beneficial fluids for our bodies. As a natural anti-inflammatory, milk does wonders to irritated skin after waxing, shaving or even to a sunburn. Mix one cup of full fat with a handful of ice cubes, and then let a washcloth soak in the concoction for a few minutes. Once the washcloth is saturated, apply to the affected area of your skin for five to ten minutes. Rinse in cool water after. Milk really does do your body good!

6.)    Raw Oats
Is dry skin ruining your day? Try an organic solution such as raw oats. According to Diane Madfes, M.D., “The lipids and proteins in oatmeal help replenish the skin barrier and decrease water loss.” Another plus is that oats are even gentle enough for sensitive skin. All you need to do is pour two cups of raw oatmeal into a lukewarm bath and soak for five minutes. After you are done, do not forget to moisturize your newly replenished skin!

7.)    Petroleum Jelly
Petroleum jelly has many uses, but have you ever heard of it making your lashes more lustrous? Well, the secret is out! By softly combing petroleum jelly through the tips of your eyelashes, it creates a subtle sparkle to your eyes. This simple tip is calling all natural beauties!

8.)    Fabric Softener
Sick of paying absurd amounts of money on a decent leave-in conditioner? Me too. Word on the streets is that fabric softener is the best leave-in conditioner around. This beauty concoction calls for one cup of water, a half cup of fabric softener, and voila!

9.) Pepto-Bismol
Heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, deep-cleansing facial…? Pepto-Bismol is secretively a moisturizing facial. Who knew? Studies have shown that this medicine can be more effective than most peel-off masks. Don’t believe me? Give it a try and see for yourself!

10.) Aspirin
No one likes a hair full of dandruff. That’s where Aspirin comes into play. By adding thirty plain Aspirins to a full bottle of regular shampoo, it could help relieve your undesirable dandruff. Apply and rinse as you normally would.

These beauty solution ingredients might raise some eyebrows, but the after math will have others begging for your secrets. So the next time you are thumbing through a magazine and come across a DIY facial mask with odd ingredients, do not hesitate to give it a try!