This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

The holiday season is here, and it’s the perfect time to start doing activities to celebrate the holidays. No matter what holidays you celebrate, it’s important to find an activity that you enjoy. As someone who has done each of the following four activities, I can personally attest that some will become your new favorites, as they have all become mine.

Visit Celebration’s Winter Wonderland

Each year, the town of Celebration puts on a Winter Wonderland event that offers carriage rides, nightly random snowfalls and great views of the town decorated for Christmas. Going to this event is a favorite activity of mine because seeing snow (even if it’s fake) is a rarity for me as a born and raised Floridian, and it puts me in the holiday spirit like nothing else! It’s also fun to take pictures in the town, eat at the local restaurants and just enjoy the atmosphere. 

Experience Dazzling Nights at Harry P. Leu Gardens 

During the holidays, Harry P. Leu Gardens is transformed into a holiday wonderland with lights, music and interactive elements for its annual event, Dazzling Nights. Walking through the gardens during the day is a truly amazing experience, but at this event, I think the experience is even more so. The music is great, and the lights light up the garden beautifully.

View holiday displays and events at theme parks

Theme parks like Disney and Universal have fantastic holiday displays that are perfect for viewing to get you in the holiday spirit. Whenever I’m there during the holidays, I love taking a photo in front of the holiday decor, eating a holiday-inspired treat, and watching whatever holiday event is going on in the park!

Walk through movie scenes with the “I Love Christmas Movies” exhibit at Gaylord Palms

Gaylord Palms Orlando has an exhibit this year where you can walk through 13 scenes from iconic Christmas movies including Elf, The Polar Express, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, and more. I love the surreal feeling of being transported into some of my favorite holiday movies when I walk through this exhibit. It’s definitely been my favorite holiday activity I’ve done this year! If you like any of the movies featured, I highly recommend you try it.

Doing these activities are some of my favorite ways to celebrate the holiday season. They serve as a way for me to relax, immerse myself in the holidays and have fun with friends and family. The holidays are surely different this year, but these events (running with safety guidelines in place) are great ways to keep you in the holiday spirit! 

Lindsey is a senior majoring in Advertising and Public Relations with a double minor in Writing and Rhetoric and Mass Culture and Collective Behavior at University of Central Florida. She hopes to pursue a career in marketing, advertising or pubic relations one day. Most of the time she can be found studying around campus or hanging out with friends. In her free time, she loves to travel, cook, and go to theme parks.
UCF Contributor