This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Robyn DelMonte, known by her TikTok handle “GirlBossTown” is taking the internet by storm, all from the comfort of her own couch. The marketing aficionado has amassed an incredible 443,800 followers on TikTok where she began creating videos on everything pop culture and now has 25,000 followers on Instagram. A year ago she was creating videos for TikTok, but just last week she was invited to Los Angeles for Hulu’s The Kardashians premiere event. So how did the self-proclaimed “Internet’s Agent” get here? Read on to discover DelMonte’s inspiring story. 

One of the first series of videos that made GirlBossTown who she is today was part of her “PR Moves I Would Make.” In these videos, she would pick a brand, influencer or celebrity and give advice on how to create campaigns that would create a major splash. Her PR moves series caught fire and soon other influencers were reaching out to her directly asking for her ideas on how they could rebrand. Her long list of clients includes Tana Mongeau, Hannah G. from the Bachelor franchise, Tinx and Remi Bader. Her audience couldn’t believe that she was giving this advice for free, but the exposure she gained from posting her ideas for millions on TikTok created unimaginable opportunities. 

Soon after there were major corporations commenting on her videos, including Dunkin’ and Burger King, also asking for her expertise. She continued to post other videos relating to pop culture, predicting collaborations and products and also new couples. After gaining attention from her TikTok, she was soon met with offers to make guest appearances on podcasts, including “Tea with Publyssity” from Barstool Sports, and “The Morning Toast.” She was also selected by E! News to host their Snapchat show “The Rundown” where she delivered the latest news from Hollywood. 

DelMonte on “Tea with Publyssity”

Besides her recent career success, DelMonte has also made a name for herself by being genuine on social media, something that’s rare in the world of influencers and celebrities. Not only has she been open about how her mother’s death has affected her, but she has also been candid about her struggles in high school while her mother was sick. In one of her videos, she addressed her audience saying that she has wanted to talk about how she acted towards people in high school — saying that if she could go back she would have not projected onto people and been more approachable to her peers.

Seeing someone with a platform as large as hers understand the influence they have and still choose to try and be the best version of themselves every day is something that takes a lot of bravery. Her fans and fellow TikTokers in the industry have recognized that and have applauded her kindness when they meet her in person at events. The D’Amelio family, for example, has sung DelMonte’s praises since the beginning, complimenting her determination and her morals. 

DelMonte is by far one of my favorite people to follow on social media because I see parts of myself in her. As a girl that is also from a small town in Massachusetts, it’s comforting to see someone who shares the same career aspirations as I do find a niche in the marketing world and thrive. She reminds students, like me, that the creative side of marketing and public relations is just as important as the more logical, mathematical side. Her story of giving advice from her couch to posting herself in the company of Kim Kardashian reminds everyone that if there is something that you don’t like about your life, you have the ability to change it. I for one cannot wait to see what is next for Robyn DelMonte, so here’s to more PR moves in the future. 

Hailey is a junior at the University of Central Florida pursuing a degree in marketing and a minor in mass media. Besides writing, her hobbies include keeping up with celebrity gossip, reading, making collages and watching TV. She cites her biggest inspirations as Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, and Blake Lively, but deep down knows that some days you just wake up feeling like Nick Miller.