9 Things to do in Your Last Month of College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

We’re nearing in on the last month of the semester, and for us seniors, the last month of a 17-year education. Everyone is either freaking out about not having their lives together—if you’re not, I envy you—or wishing time away. I am guilty of both, as I question what I’m doing with my life daily and complain about how terrible school is at least once per hour. I have major senioritis and I can’t see without my graduation goggles. I’m literally counting down the days and minutes until I can walk across the stage and peace out.

That day, approximately one month from now, isn’t just the day I’ll no longer have to write papers and take meaningless quizzes, though. After that day, real life starts, and staying out until 4 a.m., or sleeping in until 12 p.m. probably isn’t acceptable. After that day my friends won’t all be in one convenient place, and hanging out won’t be an every day occurrence.  It’s so hard to remember all these things day-to-day when the monotony of school is literally melting your brain.

I think it’s important to keep things in perspective, though. Take advantage of the time you have left as a college student, and make the most of the people who you’ll miss when it’s over. College has been a long, hard road, but at the same time it all happened so fast. The time we spend here will be some of our fondest memories, and I don’t want to look back a year from now and regret not doing it to the fullest.  In this last month, try not to wish the time away.

1. Make the time to hang out with everyone. Who knows where we’ll all be a year from now? Take every opportunity to hang with your main squeeze(s).

2. Go out. We all know those random 26-year-olds that hang out at Library on Friday nights. Do it while you still have an excuse to be there, and once you graduate, don’t go back.

4. Take a bazillion photos. Take as many #selfies as you can. No shame.

5. Go to school events.  Go see the football team lose one last time at the spring game. Orrrr maybe just tailgate?

6. Enjoy the campus. Sit out by the Reflection Pond, or hang out on Memory Mall and just take it all in. A year from now, you’re going to miss speeding it to class from the garage in 95 degrees.

7. Try and come up with a plan for your life. You don’t have to know exactly what you want do, thank goodness. But coming up with some sort of plan, or trying to get a cool internship before you big-girl job is probably a good idea.

8. Get your LinkedIn in orderAdd anyone and everyone. It’s like Facebook for grown-ups. 

9. Try not to ball your eyes out. This is optional. 

Photo credit: Tumblr, Giphy.

UCF Contributor