This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Veganism is a lifestyle that rejects animal cruelty and promotes a more humane way of living. Contrary to what some may think, veganism does not just involve changing your diet. It involves the rejection of all forms of animal exploitation. Since it can be hard to find vegan products that are effective, I’ve compiled a list of some of my favorites:

1. Schmidt’s Natural Deodorant

When I first went vegan, the hardest part was finding a deodorant that didn’t wear off after half an hour. I went through three different brands and even tried to make my own before I finally settled on one that actually works. This is one of the few vegan deodorants I’ve found that I love.

2. Preserve’s Triple Razor System

Yes, that’s right. Most razors aren’t vegan. Luckily, I found one that’s effective and good-quality with replaceable blades! Preserve’s Razor can be used by both men and women and is made from recyclable materials. 

3. Any Vegan Makeup Product

It’s surprisingly easy to find cruelty-free makeup. Some of my favorite vegan makeup brands are Wet n Wild, L.A. Colors, E.L.F., EcoTools and NYX. There are also countless other brands that don’t test on animals. See if you can find your favorite here

4. Lush Shower Gel and Kiss My Face Soap

Vegan soaps and body washes aren’t difficult to find, especially since popular brands like Bath & Body Works and Lush have some vegan products. There’s also an entire aisle in Whole Foods dedicated to vegan soaps and body washes. These two products are my personal favorites since they both make your skin super soft.

5. Nourish Organic Body Lotion

This lotion smells amazing (or you can get it unscented) and it’s gentle and smooth on your skin. There are plenty of other options for vegan lotions and creams at Lush, and an aisle dedicated to vegan lotions at Whole Foods!

6. Lunette Menstrual Cup

Unfortunately, a lot of tampons and pads are not cruelty-free. While there are vegan versions of these products, the Lunette menstrual cup is a personal favorite of mine since it is comfortable, effective and easy to use.

7. Tom’s of Maine Toothpaste

There are so many varieties of Tom’s of Maine Toothpaste that you’re pretty much guaranteed to find one that you love. You can choose to get it with or without fluoride, and in so many different flavors. It’s environmentally friendly and gentle on sensitive teeth.

8. Bath Blossom Bamboo Toothbrushes

You might be surprised to find out that most toothbrushes are not vegan. Natural bamboo toothbrushes are lightweight, eco-friendly, and super cute! The bristles are soft and perfect for sensitive gums.

These products can be found at Whole Foods, Amazon, Target and many other stores. There are plenty of other cruelty-free products and brands that I didn’t mention so feel free to research other brands! Although it can sometimes be difficult to make the transition to a vegan lifestyle, I think it’s more than worth it to be part of a movement that promotes kindness and compassion. The animals and the planet deserve our consideration. 

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Kindy graduated from the University of Central Florida with a Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences. She is currently pursuing a Master’s in Public Health. When she isn’t writing, studying, or doing research, you can find her reading, singing (off key), watching movies, or spending time in nature. She loves animals, yoga, Gilmore Girls, and dark chocolate.
UCF Contributor