Style

8 Unconventional Birthday Gift Ideas From Etsy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Nearly everyone who knows me knows I have a slight shopping addiction. However, one of my very favorite things to shop for is birthday gifts. With gift-giving as one of my love languages — I love to pick out personalized presents for friends and family. Recently, I’ve found myself in need of gift ideas for upcoming spring birthdays, and the first place I always look is Etsy. I love being able to support small businesses, and I find some of the most unique pieces. In honor of my love for Etsy and gift shopping, I’ve compiled a list of eight birthday gift ideas for whoever you’re celebrating this spring.

Dried Flower Bouquet

I don’t know about you, but flowers have been all over my TikTok feed recently, especially dried flower bouquets. With flowers being such a popular, slightly basic gift, I think having a preserved bouquet is a gorgeous twist on a classic gift.

Custom Illustrated Portrait

For someone special in your life, a customized portrait could be just what you’re looking for. This digital option allows you to use a reference photo and work with the shop owner to customize your perfect image. I love how personal this idea is, and any best friend, parent, or whoever you may be shopping for, is sure to love it.

Inspirational Mirror Decal

Stickers are one of my favorite things to browse on Etsy, and this mirror decal is just too adorable to pass up. Whether you’re giving a small gift or want to add this to something larger, I think this is a perfect little gift — and it can even fit inside the birthday card!

NAme Wine Glass Charms

When friends get together and have a drink or two, you’re probably bound to mix up which wine glass is which. These personalized name charms make sure to eliminate that problem and add a cute touch to any stemmed wine glass — perfect for a 21st birthday gift or for any wine-lover.

Personalized Dog Crewneck

If you’re absolutely obsessed with your dog (like me), then you understand the need to add this gift to the list. For those who also consider their dogs to be their best friends, this crewneck can be personalized to any dog (or even cat) of your choosing. It’s honestly just too cute to pass up.

Song Receipt Tote Bag

It may be too soon to make this statement, but this may be my favorite idea on this list. As someone who carries her life in a tote bag, this customized playlist tote is perfect. You’re able to customize nearly every element of the tote, including adding all of the recipient’s favorite songs. For music lovers (who have a lot to carry) you can’t go wrong with this.

Smiley Face Coffee Glass

This gift may be simple, but it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Whether it’s being used for iced coffee, matcha or even just water, this glass is adorable. For under $20, it’s a great gift for anyone who loves grabbing a to-go cup — and a cute one at that.

Crystal Infused Candle

For all of the manifesting, tarot card and crystal-loving friends — this candle is the best of both worlds. This seller offers several 100% soy-based candle scents, as well as different crystals to choose from. If you’re looking for a step up from just a basic candle, this is the perfect option.

Hopefully, this list gave you some ideas for any upcoming celebrations, and if not, gave you some ideas for gifts to buy yourself (I know you want to). Etsy, you’ve outdone yourself once again, and as always I enjoyed browsing your site for hours.

Leila is a current writer for HerCampus at UCF. Presently, she is a sophomore majoring in Communication Sciences and Disorders, and an active member of her sorority. She loves Taylor Swift and pasta more than anything in the world. If she's not studying, you can probably find her grabbing a coffee, watching a rom com, or shopping with friends.