Style

7 Halloween Costumes Inspired by Your Favorite Female Netflix Stars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Halloween is approaching quickly and the stress of finding a costume in time has officially begun. If you’re a procrastinator like me, you know the struggle of ignoring responsibilities to watch your favorite Netflix shows (maybe for the 11th time). But Halloween is the one time of the year that watching Netlfix instead of doing your homework might actually be beneficial when it comes to thinking of a costume idea. Here are some of my personal favorite female lead-inspired costumes I came up with while watching Netflix!

1. Meredith Grey from “Grey’s Anatomy”

It’s a beautiful day to make a Meredith Grey Halloween costume. This is an easy one. Get yourself some blue scrubs (Goodwill has a lot), a white coat and print out a Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital name badge and boom—you’re head of general surgery just like that.

2. Eleven from “Stranger Things”

This is a very popular costume and it’s very cute and easy to achieve! A pink dress, denim jacket and some fake blood for your nose will have you looking just like Eleven for your Halloween party! 

3. Rachel Green from “Friends”

This was my Halloween costume last year and I have to say, it was the easiest costume I’ve ever thrown together and by far my favorite! All I wore was a denim top, a black skirt and a Central Perk apron I bought for about $12 on Etsy (or you can make your own!) As Chandler Bing would say: Could that BE any easier?!

4. Piper Chapman from “Orange is the New Black”

Going as Piper (or any inmate from Orange is the New Black) for Halloween is an easy way to have an awesome costume, be comfortable, and look like a total badass. Just wearing an orange suit and recreating one of the prison ID’s the girls wear is all you need for this one. Go as an individual character or get your girl gang to join in and be the whole cast!

5. Blair Waldorf from “Gossip Girl”

I don’t care what anyone says, Blair Waldorf is the most iconic character on Gossip Girl. To be the queen bee of any Halloween party you attend, just wear a white button-up shirt, a school skirt, knee-high socks, flats and B’s signature headband of course. You know you love me. XOXO, Gossip Girl.

6. Veronica Lodge from “Riverdale”

What kind of Netflix Halloween article would this be if I didn’t mention a Riverdale inspired costume? I think recreating the look of cheerleader Veronica is such an easy and fun idea to wear for Halloween! All you’ll need is a yellow baseball tee, black cheer shorts, tube socks and white sneakers. And don’t forget to add V’s signature pearls and vampy lip to the look too! 

7. Cheryl Blossom from “Riverdale”

Ah, Cheryl Blossom…my personal favorite character from Riverdale. To achieve a Cheryl costume for your Halloween party, you could totally use the same outfit mentioned above for Veronica with a touch of Cheryl’s red lipstick of course! Or you could go all out and recreate one of her many other iconic outfits. The outfit she wore in season two for the car race or her red leather Southside Serpent jacket are two great options. The possibilities are endless when it comes to dressing like @Cherylbombshell.

There you have it, seven female Netflix star-inspired Halloween costume ideas for the season! All my years of binge-watching shows on Netflix has finally been put to good use. I hope these ideas help you in finding an easy, affordable and fun costume to rock this Halloween!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4 provided by the author, 5, 6, 7, 8

Kristin is a senior at the University of Central Florida studying advertising and public relations. She loves cats, makeup, shopping, chocolate and all things The Office or Friends related. When she has free time (rare but it happens occasionally) you can catch her eating sushi, watching old vines or spending time with her friends. She enjoys writing about beauty, fashion, lifestyle and girl power. You can keep up with her on all her socials linked below!
UCF Contributor