6 Boots to Rock This Fall Instead of Uggs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Let’s face it ladies: THE UGG BOOT PHENOMENON IS OVER. I know that they are comfortable and easy to tuck your yoga pants into, but these uniformly overpriced boots are simply unnecessary, especially living in FLORIDA. According to The Guardian, in a 2010 survey, Ugg boots were voted one of the ten items men don’t like on women.  So let’s push our Uggs to the back of our closets and find new boots to wear this fall.

1. Gabriella Rocha Jadzia Boots

Price: $59.00 at Zappos
These short, quaint boots are perfect for fall in Florida. The slouch look is definitely in right now, and these would go great with skinny jeans. You may even be able to get away with tucking your yoga pants into them. They also come in black, which is perfect for any outfit combination.

2. Steve Madden Shawny Riding Boots
Price: $139.95 at Zappos
These too, may be slightly overpriced, but you’re definitely getting what you pay for. These boots are somewhat narrow, and great for slim legs and small ankles. A great thing about these is that while they are cute, they are also very comfortable, which is hard to find in a riding boot.

3. Hunter Boots
Price: $140.00 on Hunter
Since it rains year round, there is always a need for a good rain boot. Hunter Boots are the cutest there is. Also a little pricey, but again, you get what you pay for. Hunter Boots are even cute on a slightly overcast day tucked into a pair of skinnies. And the best thing about them is that they come in pink.

4. Steve Madden Troopa Boots
Price: $109.00 at Macy’s
If I haven’t made it fairy obvious, I’m kind of obsessed Steve Madden boots. Combat boots are particularly popular this fall, and these are definitely the cutest ones I’ve seen. You can’t go wrong with a good pair of combats, and these will go great with a pair of black leggings and a chambray top.

5. Vince Camuto Holden Booties
Price: $79.99 on sale at Macy’s
These boots are to die for, especially with its suede physique and the 3” stacked heel. They are definitely a fall must, and since they are short, they won’t make your legs sweat while walking to class in the Florida sun.

6. Style & Co. Mickay Boots
Price: $59.99 on sale at Macy’s
I love these because they are mid calf, and they are simply classy. You could wear these boots with anything, anywhere, and definitely look classy. The heel makes the shoe even more ladylike, which is always a plus. 

Although Uggs may be acceptable in a state where it actually gets cold, in Florida, you should probably stick with some of these fall fashion finds!