This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Learning about the women who have made history might be a great way to celebrate Women’s History Month, especially when we don’t have a book report to do. With so many streaming services making access to biopics and documentaries as easy as a few fingertip swipes, finding one can be done quickly and easily. Whether you’re looking for a pop culture icon or an empowered politician making pivotal changes in history, this biopic roundup has the perfect suggestion for you. 

1. This Is Paris (Youtube)

Have you ever wondered about the real story of Paris Hilton? We might not have to wonder anymore! The great-granddaughter of Conrad Hilton, the founder of Hilton Hotels, Paris is known for being a socialite and American media personality. Even though Paris projects a surface-level persona all about being basic and “sliving” life, she’s endured some major hardships, such as being mentally and physically abused during her time at Provo Canyon School.

While this biopic came out in 2020 and does not include too much about her married life or newborn baby Phoenix, Paris has a self-titled memoir coming out March 14.

2. RBG (Hulu)

Did you know that the term for a Supreme Court Justice could last for the rest of their lives? Ruth Bader Ginsberg was the second woman in history to be appointed as a Supreme Court Justice. From her appointment in 1993 until the day she passed in September of 2020, she was a trailblazing lawyer that graduated at the top of her class at Columbia Law School and worked to transform the legal profession. 

RBG was an advocate for women’s rights, paving the way for the Equal Credit Opportunity Act. When this act passed in 1974, it granted women the ability to apply for a credit card and a mortgage without a male co-signer. I don’t own a house yet, but I’m grateful to RBG for giving me the ability to manage my own finances and have my own credit line.

3. Hidden Figures (Disney Plus)

While you might not have heard of the women in the movie, you might be familiar with the Space Race. Hidden Figures is a film based loosely on the nonfiction book of the same name about three women who worked at NASA. These three African-American women were mathematicians during a time of where there was segregation in the office based on race and sex. The main characters are portrayed by Taraji P. Henson, Octavia Spencer, and Janelle Monae, making it a space movie with a whole cast of stars.

Having to overcome daily obstacles surrounding their identity when it comes to race and gender, this movie is meant to highlight the struggles of being a woman of color in STEM while also being powerful and inspiring. These women were able to create hope in America during the time of the Space Race, and their stories inspire many women today to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and math.

4. The Iron Lady (HBO Max)

If you’re looking for a movie to watch after binge-watching The Crown, The Iron Lady might be the movie for you. Centered around the life of Margaret Thatcher, who allegedly had tensions with Queen Elizabeth II during her time in office, The Iron Lady is a biopic centered around Thatcher’s career. Thatcher is historical for breaking the glass ceiling twice in her career when it came to both gender and class.

Thatcher became the first Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and the longest serving in the twentieth century. This biopic reflects upon her career and the implications it had on her personal life. Her name will forever live on in the British history book as Thatcherism, which references the economic policies that she implemented as Prime Minister. In The Iron Lady, Thatcher is portrayed by the iconic Meryl Streep.

5. Pamela, A Love Story (Netflix)

On the same day that Netflix released this documentary, Pamela Anderson also released her memoir of the very same name. Anderson is most notable for her modeling work in Playboy and as C.J. Parker on the Baywatch television show. If you remember when Hulu’s Pam and Tommy was trending last year, this is the same Pam, but told from her perspective about the ripple effects. This intimate documentary shows Anderson as a small town girl who became an international sex symbol, actress, activist, and a mom to this day.

An interesting thing to note: one of the producers of this documentary is Brandon Thomas Lee, who might sound familiar because he was on the recent reboot of The Hills and he is Pamela Anderson’s son. She claims to have given him free reign into all of her memorabilia to produce the best possible documentary. 

6. P!nk: All I Know So Far (Amazon Prime Video)

Does being a mom mean you have to give up your career? Not if you’re doing it the way P!nk is. In All I Know So Far, P!nk is documenting life as she goes on her “Beautiful Trauma” World Tour. By combining footage from the road, behind-the-scenes interviews, and some vulnerable material, this documentary highlights the balancing act of being a wife, a mom, a performer, and a boss to her team. And it’s on Amazon Prime Video, which is a subscription bundled into Amazon Prime for Students.

I find it hard not to pay attention to P!nk right now. She just dropped another album, and had a phenomenal time dueting songs with Kelly Clarkson on The Kelly Clarkson Show. Plus, while I would love for P!nk to do a Superbowl half-time show, she has gone on to say that she would not, so this documentary into her life might be the next best thing after seeing P!nk live.

Whether it was a small ripple effect in history or a splash across the tabloids, there’s no argument that the women in this article have made an impact in their lifetime. An impact so important that it was celebrated in a biopic that will highlight their wins for the rest of time.

Kristi currently and MFA candidate at the University of Central Florida studying Creative Writing. A former resident at the Atlantic Center for the Arts, she loves pop culture, food, and the humanity of people. When she isn't writing, you can find her reading a book, spending time with loved ones, or going on and on about how cute dogs are. Or, specifically, how her dog Damian is the most handsome angel boy.