This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Whoever said you can’t wear white after Labor Day was completely mistaken – or just never knew how to pull it off! Let’s face it, we all have at least one plain white tee in our closet, sadly hanging there begging to be worn somewhere other than to bed. Knowing how to dress up, or even dress down, your plain white tee can make all the difference. If you have been searching high and low for a way to fix this tragic fashion problem, then you will be thrilled to know that you have finally stumbled upon a place with all of the answers! Here are the 5 most stylish ways to pull of that plain white tee:

1.     Just Jeans. For a plain and simple look, jeans are the go to when paired with a plain white tee. This outfit can be worn anywhere from going out to a movie with friends or even to dinner and a walk on the beach with your man. Add a stylish pop by pairing the outfit with a statement bag to complete the look!

2.     The Skater Skirt. Coming back into the fashion world as a recurring trend is the one and only skater skirt. This combo is perfect for when you are feeling girly and need to embrace your inner feminine side. Since skater skirts are meant to be high-waisted, wear it just above the hip in order to keep a flattering shape.

3.     Go Crazy in Color. Adding color to a primarily white or neutral outfit will draw nothing but good attention your way. With spring just around the corner, let color shine through in your clothes! A great way to do this is to pair a solid colored pant with your plain white tee. Add some light jewelry or a pair of printed flats for an on the go look that is just as comfortable as it is cute.

4.     Blazin’ Hot. When accompanied by business-attire, plain white tees are definitely acceptable to wear to work. Blazer’s come in many different cuts, colors, and prints to choose from and look acceptable with both dark jeans and business pants.

5.     Pair it with Plaid. Ahhh, plaid. Some think wearing plaid can be risky, but when worn the right way it can be more casual and less country. Simply wrap a plaid shirt around the waist for a hipster look that fits seamlessly with your plain white tee.

So, next time you can’t seem to find an outfit because you “have no clothes,” give that plain white tee a try! You will have your friends begging to borrow your outfit and spill the beans about how you learned to dress like that. One can only hope that Tom Higgenson will walk by and say in his dreamy voice, “Hey There Delilah” because you just look so darn good. 

Shannon is a Junior at UCF studying Communications and Magazine Journalism. She enjoys laughing, traveling, taking photos, and being a foodie. In her spare time you can find Shannon watching Friends re-runs or blogging. She loves bagels, fashion, listening to throwbacks, and channeling her inner Blake Lively! Follow her on Twitter & Instagram
UCF Contributor