Riley Keough in Daisy Jones and the Six
Riley Keough in Daisy Jones and the Six
Lacey Terrell/Prime Video

5 Things You Need To Know Before Watching ‘Daisy Jones & The Six’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Now streaming on Prime Video, Daisy Jones & The Six has completely taken over social media and streaming platforms. With its grunge, rock style and capturing plot lines, it’ll easily be a show to binge, but not before knowing these interesting key tips and fun facts about it all.

It’s famously based on a book

Written by Taylor Jenkins Reid, the novel Daisy Jones & The Six was originally published in 2019. It certainly became the talk of the town after selling over a million copies worldwide and having almost the same number of ratings on Goodreads. When filming for the series then started in September 2021, fans cheered with excitement and patiently waited for a new take on one of Reid’s best pieces. Due to this adaptation, however, be prepared to point out certain differences between the book versus the series. Do you think you’ll love the book more than the on-screen version? 

Daisy Jones and The Six book with vinyl records
Original photo by Ashley Arenal
There is no daisy Jones & the six band irl

But wait! After the series was released, they did, in fact, release their album Aurora-which includes all the songs sung by the band in the series– on all streaming platforms! 

all the actors went to band camp

You heard that right! Suki Waterhouse (Karen Sirko), Riley Keough (Daisy Jones), Sam Caflin (Billy Dunne) and Josh Whitehouse (Eddie Roundtree) all attended a year-long rehearsal for their own personal instruments played in the show, as well as to learn all the songs.

Riley Keough and Sam Claflin in Daisy Jones and the Six
Lacey Terrell/Prime Video
Riley keough (who plays daisy jones) is elvis’ grandaughter

Daughter of Lisa Marie Presley, Riley has lived in the spotlight from a young age. From modeling to small roles in film to finally getting her big break in the industry, Keough has seen it all. While portraying the lead in this rock band from the 70s, Keough embodies Daisy Jones and goes back to her family roots as musicians for influence.

Suki Waterhouse (who plays karen sirko in the series) writes her own music, and it’s really good

Keeping up with the same indie, rock vibe, Suki Waterhouse does make her own music aside from Daisy Jones & The Six. She released her first EP last year, entitled Milk Teeth, and is probably most known for her song that went viral on TikTok entitled Good Looking. She puts a new twist on artists such as Bon Iver and Lana Del Rey, and adds her own grunge, messy, style to it, in the best way possible.

Julia Zanatta is a senior at University of Central Florida. This is her third year writing for Her Campus, and she is so grateful to be a part of the team. She is majoring in English, Creative Writing track. In her free time, she likes to read, journal, paint, and listen to music.