5 Playlists to Listen to Based on Your Spring Break Destination

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Whether you’re sunbathing on the beach, hitting the slopes or just chilling at home, spring break can be the perfect time to switch up your music playlists. With spring break right around the corner, there’s nothing better than diving deep into different artists that you’ve neglected to check out during the first half of the semester. No matter the destination, I’ve got five playlists that can be the soundtrack for your break:

1. If you’re laying on the beach: “Soak Up the Sun”

Picture this: You’re soaking up the sun while reading your favorite book with a piña colada in hand and Weezers “Island in The Sun” is playing in the background. There’s nothing quite like hitting up your local beach town to get your spring break started. Whether you’re going for your yearly dose of Vitamin D or you need your obligatory spring break beach pic, crank up the beach time hits!

P.S. The best album for your beach drive is “Anthem Of The Peaceful Army” by Greta Van Fleet.

2. If you’re heading to the city: “All New Indie”

Heading to the city this spring break? Well, I’ve got the perfect playlist for you. “All New Indie” has the perfect soft soothing tunes that’ll calm you down after a long day of seeing the sights and elbowing your way through the busy city streets.

P.S. If you’re looking for more artists to add to your own playlists, some of my favorites are: Still Woozy, Billie Eilish and The Night Game.

3. If you’re riding through the countryside: “Chillin’ On a Dirt Road”

If you plan on heading to the heart of the south, then you most definitely need to have your yeehaw vibes flowing. “Chillin’ On a Dirt Road” is the perfect mix of old school and new age country. So roll down your windows and blast this laid-back country playlist while you enjoy your road trip to the country.

P.S. If you’re looking to spice up your own playlists, try adding the Yeehaw Queen herself: Kacey Musgraves.

4. If you’re dashing to the snow: “Winter Acoustic”

Whether you plan on hitting the ski slopes or just want to cuddle up next to the fire, “Winter Acoustic” is the perfect playlist for your snowy spring break destination. Listening to this soothing playlist will be the perfect way to end each day and an even better road trip soundtrack when traveling up and down the mountains each day.

P.S. If you plan on doing winter sports, try listening to the “Endorphin Rush” playlist to get a little hyped.

5. If you’re staying home: “All Out 00s”

While all your roommates may be traveling all over the country this spring break, there can be a positive to staying home… you can have all the dance parties you want! With the apartment to yourself, you can jam to all the Jonas Brothers hits without annoying anyone. That’s why this throwback playlist is the perfect one for your stay-cation.

P.S. Check out your favorite middle school bands! There’s nothing like a throwback.

Whether you’re staying at home or laying on the beaches of Florida, a good playlist can set you in the right mood. It’s not about the destination, it’s about what you do with your much-needed time off. So grab a drink, put in your headphones and blast that music! 

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Erika is currently a Senior at the University of Central Florida studying Business. When she's not in class or studying, she can be found painting, listening to obscure Spotify playlists, or binging the latest Netflix phenomena.
UCF Contributor