books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

5 People You Will See on a UCF Shuttle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

The Happy Couple– It is clear to tell when a college couple is in love, or “in like” at least. For one thing, they will most likely be getting on the bus together early in the morning.  When they’re on the shuttle, you can recognize them because they will be sitting closer than any other people on the bus and gazing into one another’s eyes as though it was their very first date. Often times, the guy will also have his arm around her shoulder…even when it is way too hot in the UCF shuttle to have that much human contact. These are not the worst people on the bus to sit next to, because they’re going to give you the most privacy.

Phone Lover– This makes up majority of the UCF student shuttle. Since most people get on the bus without a friend, they will often times turn to their phones for companionship. We are all guilty of doing this. In order to avoid awkward human contact, we will check social media mindlessly until the last stop is made to our destinations. On the other hand, if you’re the person on the shuttle that walks in with Beats headphones blasting than understand this: WE CAN HEAR IT ALL!  As a common courtesy, remember to be mindful of those around you. Not everyone on the bus is ready for hard-core techno at 8 A.M.

the Procrastinator – Procrastination is a curse, but a long shuttle ride can often be the blessing behind it. Taking the shuttle from Knights Circle for instance, will take approximately ten minutes from the first pick-up. That can give students some time to cram. The problem with sitting next to the test taker is that they will often times have their books spread across their laps which can cut into your personal space. However, if you happen to be in their class it would be a great way to also get your study on!

Loud Best Friends- If you get on the shuttle with your roommate than chances are this section applies to you. The loud best friends are easy to identify. They will often sit towards the back of the shuttle and gossip. Sometimes as fellow riders, you will know their crushes names, what clubs they’re in, and what their crazy weekend consisted of. On the shuttle not many people are talking, so it is easy to hear everything those two girls talk about. Whispering will not help you on a UCF shuttle. You should be careful what you say, because remember: everyone on the shuttle can hear you! They will know everything about you in that short ride if you choose to talk about it.

Gym Junky– Water Jug…That is the easiest way to identify who is the gym junky. Having a giant water jug has become very popular on campuses. It is important to stay hydrated especially when you’re nothing short of fit. That is why when you step on the shuttle and you see a water jug, that identifies the people who are truly invested in the gym. Sit with them and you may be getting off the shuttle with a nutrition plan or workouts to get that summer body you’ve been postponing.

UCF Contributor